Jewish Forums

Full Version: Passion Symbol In Hebrew
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bozmusic

[attachment=8]

I'm trying to find out what this symbol means in Hebrew. I have heard many, many variations and continue to wonder what it stands for. t I've heard it means "withstand". I'm hoping to hear what it stands for and hope some might chime in.
I know the root of that word סבל, is to suffer; bear; tolerate or carry a burden.  The crown of thorns is a Christian symbol.  Combined with the Hebrew word I would guess it is Messianic with a Christian narrative.
Yes, I thought that looked like a crown of thorns.

It's just a Christian symbol with Hebrew writing.
Strangely, the ה is feminine. It would mean "she suffered" (סָבְלָה savla) or "her suffering" (סִבְלָהּ sivlah).
(02-20-2019, 02:59 AM)bozmusic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to find out what this symbol means in Hebrew. I have heard many, many variations and continue to wonder what it stands for. t I've heard it means "withstand". I'm hoping to hear what it stands for and hope some might chime in.

From what you wrote, it sounds as though this is a common symbol?  You say that you've heard "many, many variations."  Where have you heard this, and what have you heard?  And where did you get that picture from?

I recognize the Christian crown of thorns symbol, but I have never before seen anything quite like this (with that particular Hebrew word inside).