Jewish Forums

Full Version: Interesting correlation between God and light...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I am Ajay of Hindu and Indian origin.  Smile

I have come across some interesting observations which depict an interesting correlation between God and light....

In Hinduism, the Vedas and Hindu scriptures considers the Shivalinga as representing a cosmic pillar of light. The Dharmic monotheistic sect the Prajapita Brahmakumaris consider God to be a point of light.

In Islam, Allah has 100 name's, and one of them is Alnoor ( the Light).

“God is light,” says 1 John 1:5, in the Bible in Christianity.

In Judaism, Psalm 76:4 says of God, “You are radiant with light.”

So this correlation between God and light, is a common denominator in these four major world religions.

Imo, the fire worship in Zoroastrianism may be illustrating this correlation between God (Ahura Mazda ) and light as well, light being emitted by the fire.

If you find any further proofs or evidences in this regard, especially in Judaism, please do share it here. [Image: smile.gif]

Thanking you all in advance...

Ajay.

Baruch

Thanks Ajay, and Welcome . . . Your first 3 posts are moderated for approval. We get spammers and bots.

Baruch

In response to your posts . . I believe ' light ' to have a conscience state that we cannot understand. We live in a type of altered reality. Like someone born in a cave, they never attempt to escape. Because that is the completed world to them. Nothing exist outside the cave. This would appear to be the nature of the human mind.

Light has ability beyond it's human designated structure. Light is not our creation, we are it's creation. It goes far beyond our ability of understanding.
(02-23-2019, 04:15 PM)Baruch Wrote: [ -> ]In response to your posts . . I believe ' light ' to have a conscience state that we cannot understand. We live in a type of altered reality. Like someone born in a cave, they never attempt to escape. Because that is the completed world to them. Nothing exist outside the cave. This would appear to be the nature of the human mind.

Light has ability beyond it's human designated structure. Light is not our creation, we are it's creation. It goes far beyond our ability of understanding.

Hi Baruch,

Thank you for the kind welcome and your thoughts on the theme. Smile 

What would be your thoughts on this psalm !

Baruch

(02-24-2019, 04:09 PM)Ajay0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Baruch,

Thank you for the kind welcome and your thoughts on the theme. Smile 

What would be your thoughts on this psalm !

That passage appears to be mostly a praise according to several Hebrew bible translations.
As a -very- spurious tangent, I found it quite interesting how atheists are so offended by the "magic" of some "magical being" "magically" saying "let there be light" and the universe popping into existence.

And, then if you look at the big bang... where secular scientists all agree the laws of physics must completely break down, but the first few moments where physics were capable of applying, the entire universe is assumed to have been amazingly dense and hot and made of a staggering mass of matter and anti-matter, annihilating each other and creating photons (light). The matter we were left with in our universe is simply the tiny degree by which matter happened to outnumber antimatter... otherwise, in the very first moments, the universe was almost entirely comprised of light.

Always find it interesting when science tries so hard to avoid religion that science ends up supporting it.
Interesting perspective. I have always had trouble making sense of how light and us as beings are connected. Some people say everything is matter and energy, including us, so we are made of light. But it logically breaks down when you start to look at it closely.
Humans are also made of cosmic matter that helped form the universe as we know it that help to bring forth light.
(07-26-2020, 08:50 PM)CNikki Wrote: [ -> ]Humans are also made of cosmic matter that helped form the universe as we know it that help to bring forth light.

But not all cosmic matter is light-bearing. Wink
(10-06-2020, 04:50 PM)Yehudani Wrote: [ -> ]and occasionally used in the tanakh as a metaphor to denote good teaching.

Yes, especially in the Psalms.
Pages: 1 2