The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Jewish Forums
Good online services - Printable Version

+- Jewish Forums (https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Hangout (https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Good online services (/showthread.php?tid=458)

Pages: 1 2

Good online services - a_Sarah - 06-29-2020

Hi everyone, I was looking for online services to watch and found this one: https://www.centralsynagogue.org/worship/live_streaming 
I only watched the one from last Saturday so far but really enjoyed it. It is also funny how services so often manage to address the exact topics that might be relevant to you at that pont in time. At least for me that was the case here.

Do you have some other recommendations for online services, maybe even from your community?

Thank you & I hope you are all well!

RE: Good online services - searchinmyroots - 06-29-2020

Thanks for sharing Sarah!

I have seen a few on YouTube but haven't really looked into it that much.

Yes, it seems sometimes the topic is speaking to you directly!

Just goes to show that many people go through the same the things in their lives even if we think we are the only ones feeling a certain way.

And Torah address many of those things!

RE: Good online services - Chavak - 06-29-2020

Interesting! I wasn't aware services were available to watch online.

RE: Good online services - a_Sarah - 07-05-2020

(06-29-2020, 03:49 PM)Chavak Wrote: Interesting! I wasn't aware services were available to watch online.

It's really a great way to help fill that gap of not being able to attend services in person right now! It's a bit of a time difference, but since it is online for a while that doesn't matter that much. :Smile I am also curious to see the differences in services and get an insight into different communities all over the world.

RE: Good online services - searchinmyroots - 07-05-2020

(07-05-2020, 09:17 PM)a_Sarah Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 03:49 PM)Chavak Wrote: Interesting! I wasn't aware services were available to watch online.

It's really a great way to help fill that gap of not being able to attend services in person right now! It's a bit of a time difference, but since it is online for a while that doesn't matter that much. :Smile I am also curious to see the differences in services and get an insight into different communities all over the world.

I think that is a great idea, to observe different services from different countries.

It gets us out of our bubble of what we're used to!

RE: Good online services - Jason - 07-08-2020

I have to say that one of my regrets about the time I spent in New York is that I never went to Central Synagogue.

I was a regular visitor at Temple Israel, where I made some great friendships that stay with me today (and one that has even become a friend in Israel, since he made aliyah about three years ago, IIRC). I considered it my synagogue home even while living in Israel.

So many people recommended Central Synagogue to me, and I just never set a time to go. I really wish I had.

RE: Good online services - searchinmyroots - 07-08-2020

I've never been there myself and I live in NY!

Next time you're in town Jason we'll make it a point to get there.

That is.....................

Whenever things get back to whatever normal will be!

RE: Good online services - Jason - 07-08-2020

(07-08-2020, 11:01 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I've never been there myself and I live in NY!

Absolutely! You and I can do more when we meet up than just eat or talk to missionaries. ROFL

RE: Good online services - searchinmyroots - 07-09-2020

(07-08-2020, 11:07 PM)Jason Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 11:01 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I've never been there myself and I live in NY!

Absolutely! You and I can do more when we meet up than just eat or talk to missionaries. ROFL

Hey, we did do more!

Remember we went to the Jewish museum when they had the Lincoln and the Jews display?

I think that was you I went with!

RE: Good online services - Jason - 07-09-2020

That's true. We did go to the Lincoln display. Smile