The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Jewish Forums
Wild Week - Printable Version

+- Jewish Forums (https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Hangout (https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Wild Week (/showthread.php?tid=504)

Pages: 1 2

Wild Week - Chavak - 09-14-2020

Been a crazy week. My house was directly in the line of one of the many fires that have been burning in Oregon. Had to evacuate on Tuesday night. No notice, sheriff just showed up at the door saying you have to leave now. I've always wondered what I would take in case of an emergency like that. Found out all I really needed was my medications, a few clothes, and my cats. Everything else is either replaceable or are memories I can always carry with me. There are a couple of things I should have taken but forgot. From now on I will have a laminated list of the essentials I absolutely need. Fire got to about 1/4 of a mile from my house and then shifted directions. Fortunately no homes were burned and no lives lost. Finally got to come home yesterday. Was thankful I had a place to stay but as the saying goes, there's no place like home. Air quality is absolutely terrible, haven't seen the sun since Tuesday. Am hoping it clears off soon. So that's the end of my year....hoping things are better in the next. 
Wishing everyone a sweet, healthy and safe new year.

RE: Wild Week - Ismq - 09-14-2020

What happened is for experience.For the next time you will be aware and prepared.

RE: Wild Week - searchinmyroots - 09-14-2020

Wow! I was wondering if you were close to the fires Chava.

Thanks for letting us know and for the update.

So glad and thankful you are okay and are able to go back home with all of your belongings.

Definitely a wake up call to be prepared in case it G-d forbid ever happens again!

And a happy, healthy and sweet New Year to you as well!

RE: Wild Week - Chavak - 09-15-2020

(09-14-2020, 06:15 PM)Ismq Wrote: What happened is for experience.For the next time you will be aware and prepared.

It's funny because I've run this scenario through my head before. And thought I knew what I should take. But when it actually happens...all the planning goes out the window.

RE: Wild Week - Dana - 09-15-2020

That is such a frightening and close call Chavak. I'm also very thankful your home, any people and neighborhood were not touched. I would not know what to take, (on a moments notice) outside of people and pets of what to grab if the same had happened to us. A wise decision to make up a list of essentials. One never knows.  It sounds as if you handled the situation.

Thank you for sharing your experience and so glad you are well!  Wishing for you better things in the next year,  and for you and all here on the forum a sweet, healthy and safe New Year.

RE: Wild Week - Jason - 09-15-2020

Yeah, I wouldn't know what to take either. I woke up a few weeks ago to the fire department banging on the door. The basement apartment was on fire, and it was harsh. Somehow, it was contained and didn't spread to other apartments inside the building. I was able, though, to stand on the back balcony and look down to see all the black smoke billowing out of the windows downstairs. It was surreal. If they had told me to evacuate (which they didn't), I would have probably left everything and run.

RE: Wild Week - Chavak - 09-16-2020

I'm into target and competitive shooting. When I had to leave my house because of fires I had been to the range that day. I take multiple guns so I can do different things. When I got home I put them in the garage intending to put them in the safe later. I left before I got to do that, but one of my neighbors asked what she could do (she did not evacuate) and I asked her to put the guns in the safe. Two shotguns, a PCC (pistol caliber carbine), a .22 rifle and several handguns. She said she thinks I watch too many Terminator movies, lol.

RE: Wild Week - searchinmyroots - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 02:16 AM)Chavak Wrote: I'm into target and competitive shooting. When I had to leave my house because of fires I had been to the range that day. I take multiple guns so I can do different things. When I got home I put them in the garage intending to put them in the safe later. I left before I got to do that, but one of my neighbors asked what she could do (she did not evacuate) and I asked her to put the guns in the safe. Two shotguns, a PCC (pistol caliber carbine), a .22 rifle and several handguns. She said she thinks I watch too many Terminator movies, lol.

Well, she should feel safe from intruders!

RE: Wild Week - Chavak - 09-17-2020

(09-16-2020, 09:23 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 02:16 AM)Chavak Wrote: I'm into target and competitive shooting. When I had to leave my house because of fires I had been to the range that day. I take multiple guns so I can do different things. When I got home I put them in the garage intending to put them in the safe later. I left before I got to do that, but one of my neighbors asked what she could do (she did not evacuate) and I asked her to put the guns in the safe. Two shotguns, a PCC (pistol caliber carbine), a .22 rifle and several handguns. She said she thinks I watch too many Terminator movies, lol.

Well, she should feel safe from intruders!

she has said that when the zombie apocalypse comes, she and her husband are heading to my house, lol.

RE: Wild Week - Ismq - 09-17-2020

You're prepared in case of danger.