The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Jewish Forums
Simulated Debate - Printable Version

+- Jewish Forums (https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Counter-Missionary Forum (https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Simulated Debate (/showthread.php?tid=624)

Pages: 1 2 3

Simulated Debate - searchinmyroots - 02-21-2021

I thought this was very well done and does simulate how a typical debate may go.

RE: Simulated Debate - Blue Bird - 02-22-2021

Yeah let's fight  Angry Angry Angry !!!

RE: Simulated Debate - Dana - 02-22-2021

The rabbi gave a good and reasoned argument against every point the Jesus guy brought up.  A knock out.  Not even the loud shirt could help the Christian argument.  I was grateful they were not attempting to mumble for one hour through masks or that would have been a larger distraction than the huge words blasted across the Jesus guy's shirt.

To his credit he had the intelligence to recognize when he was beat and did not try to counter with more words but instead, he moved on to more points  taken out of context from the Jewish bible.  The appeal to Christianity he also admits was an emotional tug, envy for the happiness and energy of the born-again Christians.  

He tried to argue the original sin affecting all people and none having the power to move on from their sin. Another good response from the rabbi was why would we be held responsible for what Adam and Eve did as well as counter with what G-d says on our ability to turn from sin.

I wonder if the Christian guy had fully considered Matthew 6:14-15  For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

To the credit of Judaism there is no such threat made.

RE: Simulated Debate - searchinmyroots - 02-22-2021

(02-22-2021, 09:48 AM)Blue Bird Wrote: Yeah let's fight  Angry Angry Angry !!!

Well, it's not really a fight, it's a debate, there is a difference.

We're not here to fight, just to defend.

(02-22-2021, 11:49 AM)Dana Wrote: The rabbi gave a good and reasoned argument against every point the Jesus guy brought up.  A knock out.  Not even the loud shirt could help the Christian argument.  I was grateful they were not attempting to mumble for one hour through masks or that would have been a larger distraction than the huge words blasted across the Jesus guy's shirt.

To his credit he had the intelligence to recognize when he was beat and did not try to counter with more words but instead, he moved on to more points  taken out of context from the Jewish bible.  The appeal to Christianity he also admits was an emotional tug, envy for the happiness and energy of the born-again Christians.  

He tried to argue the original sin affecting all people and none having the power to move on from their sin. Another good response from the rabbi was why would we be held responsible for what Adam and Eve did as well as counter with what G-d says on our ability to turn from sin.

I wonder if the Christian guy had fully considered Matthew 6:14-15  For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

To the credit of Judaism there is no such threat made.

Dana,

I'm guessing you realize it is not a real J4J?

He is Juliss Ciss if I'm not mistaken, a Jewish person who was at one time a messianic believer and is now one of the executive directors for Jews for Judaism.

What I didn't notice when watching the video and others might overlook as well, is what is written on the top of his shirt in small print!

RE: Simulated Debate - Dana - 02-22-2021

No. I overlooked the part that it was a simulation, and listened in for the argument from the other side of which there was none. Typing from phone. That explains why there was no pushback. Thanks for pointing that out.

(02-22-2021, 02:27 PM)Dana Wrote: No. I overlooked the part that it was a simulation, and listened in for the argument from the other side of which there was none. Typing from phone.  That explains why there was no pushback. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes, I would think if an actual Christian was debating they would have more to say, whether relevant or not.

But remember, the simulated Jew for Jesus was once a believer in the Christian faith. So he knows how they would respond.

If he were to bring up even more proof texts, the debate might have been 3 hours long, double the time!!

RE: Simulated Debate - Ismq - 02-22-2021

(02-21-2021, 10:20 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I thought this was very well done and does simulate how a typical debate may go.

"For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power" 1 corinthians 4:20

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom but in demostration of the Spirit and of power" 1 cor 2:4. 

(02-22-2021, 09:09 PM)Ismq Wrote: "For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power" 1 corinthians 4:20

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power" 1 cor 2:4. 

And what exactly are we supposed to do with this?

It seems you have the same thought process as the messianic debater.

The only reason I am leaving this post is because once again we see the sharp contrast between Judaism and Christianity.

Christianity teaches the above, words mean nothing.

G-d tells us in the Hebrew bible to learn and teach, to know (which is knowledge).

I'll take G-d's side all the time.

RE: Simulated Debate - Ismq - 02-22-2021

(02-22-2021, 10:48 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:09 PM)Ismq Wrote: "For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power" 1 corinthians 4:20

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power" 1 cor 2:4. 

And what exactly are we supposed to do with this?

It seems you have the same thought process as the messianic debater.

The only reason I am leaving this post is because once again we see the sharp contrast between Judaism and Christianity.

Christianity teaches the above, words mean nothing.

G-d tells us in the Hebrew bible to learn and teach, to know (which is knowledge).

I'll take G-d's side all the time.
The signs,miracles..etc confirms that the gospel is the truth.and that God confirms his word.

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Mark 16:17.