The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction: New member.
Hi everyone,
My name is Anita and I am doing conversion to Orthodox Judaism. I live in UK. Anybody convert? Any experiences? Any recommendations?
Greetings.
Hello Anita and welcome to the forum!

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

I do not have too much experience with converts other than I know quite a few.

I do know that it takes serious thought as to what you are doing as you will be part of a people. That includes studying the Hebrew bible, knowing and adhering to many laws and customs to your best ability and even being turned away a few times as those who are involved with your conversion want to be 100% sure you are doing this for the right reasons.

Maybe some others here on the forum will chime in to offer some additional advice.

Since you are in the UK, you've probably heard of and may have read some of Rabbi Lord Sacks books. I thoroughly enjoy them and have learned a lot.

I'm going to try and have this thread moved to the "Introductions" as it really shouldn't be in the Forum Rules section.

Thanks for joining us, reaching out and I wish you well on your journey!
Hi searchinmyroots,
Thank you for respond. Yes, I've heard about Rabbi Lord Sacks but unfortunately never read his books. I will check what he wrote.
You are very welcome!

Rabbi Sacks has a series if books under Covenant & Conversation. I have all of the ones in the series except for the new one, Deuteronomy: Renewal of the Sinai Covenant, which I plan on ordering soon!

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
I am the brother and General of Jhe'shua (Yeshua) Melchizedek Sananda
and am an author writing a book called the truth. Weather or not anyone believes me,
I am here to bring the truth and set things straight. I will complete this book first
and then the world will know me through my actions and not just my words!

Understand that the truth spoke to you and told you what is to come as my Father is the Truth.
Truth is the ultimate Judge and it is only truth that will set you free!

The highest frequency in the universe is truth and love is the protector of the innocent who lives within the truth!
Hello Eliyyahu and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the introduction but that is not what this forum is about.

I will not release your other posts as they are irrelevant to Judaism and the discussions that take place here.

You might want to find another forum to post your beliefs.

Thank you for understanding.
(11-25-2021, 07:29 AM)Eliyyahu Wrote: I am the brother and General of Jhe'shua (Yeshua) Melchizedek Sananda
and am an author writing a book called the truth. Weather or not anyone believes me,
I am here to bring the truth and set things straight. I will complete this book first
and then the world will know me through my actions and not just my words!

Understand that the truth spoke to you and told you what is to come as my Father is the Truth.
Truth is the ultimate Judge and it is only truth that will set you free!

The highest frequency in the universe is truth and love is the protector of the innocent who lives within the truth!

Can you Explain me more clear what's your purpose and intentions on joining in this forum?
Hello, my name is Harper and I am a young woman who is interested in Judaism and has attended a Reform synagogue off and on for a few years now. I'm here because it's always nice to surround yourself with other people who have similar interests from time to time. Hoping to make a lot of positive connections here!
Hello Harper and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

Thank you for your introduction and looking forward to seeing you make some positive connections here!
Anita, Are you Baal Teshuva?