The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism: American Jew or Jewish American
I’m an American, whose religion and ethnicity is Jewish. I would probably say Jewish American, though.
Many years ago our very frum daughter and her husband took their two children on their first trip to Israel. One result was a beautiful album stuffed with great pictures.

I remember sitting with the kids as the three of us paged through album. It was fun listening to them narrate the trip. At the end I dutifully asked them: "So, what part of your trip did you like the best?" One of the grandkids immediately answered: "McDonald's!" His parents had taken him to one of the few kosher McDonald's in the world.

It seems to me that his was the response of a Jewish American.
To be is to stand for. - Abraham Joshua Heschel
(02-25-2019, 12:04 PM)nili Wrote: Many years ago our very frum daughter and her husband took their two children on their first trip to Israel. One result was a beautiful album stuffed with great pictures.

I remember sitting with the kids as the three of us paged through album. It was fun listening to them narrate the trip. At the end I dutifully asked them: "So, what part of your trip did you like the best?" One of the grandkids immediately answered: "McDonald's!" His parents had taken him to one of the few kosher McDonald's in the world.

It seems to me that his was the response of a Jewish American.

My kids used to go to Israel every summer and one of the things they enjoyed was the relative lack of American fast food joints on every corner.