The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Desert Flowers”: Gleiwitz and Monsey
Gold, purple, pink, and white wildflowers.  Every so often -- sometimes decades apart -- places like Death Valley, CA and other desert locations will be awash with an eye-catching array of beautiful flowers.  The atmospheric conditions that allow for these floral displays to occur have to be just right.  Perfect.  Desert flower-watchers – floraphiles – have documented that the early-to-mid 1930’s and early-50’s were among the peak years for these displays. 

Now, the conditions appear ripe, once again, as we approach the second decade of the 21st century, i.e, early heavy rains in the Desert-Southwest.  It’s a phenomenon waiting to happen. The signs are already evident.

Moreover, the seedlings on the desert floor don’t go away. They don’t disappear.  They remain there, unspoiled, until everything, i.e., moisture-laden winds, etc. come together, perfectly.  In a manner of speaking, those “seedlings” have been waiting patiently to “come out of the woodwork.”  This analogy is true, be they the aforementioned desert seedlings, or be they domestic and international incidents.

In the late-1930’s, conditions were ripe for the outbreak of World War II.  The beginning of World War II occurred when Germany invaded Poland.  But there had to be a pretense, a “sell” to the rest of the word.  That “sell” was known as the “Gleiwitz (Gliwice, Poland) Incident.”  

In his Nuremberg testimony, Alfred Naujocks stated that he organized the incident under orders from Reinhard Heydrich and Heinrich Müller, chief of the Gestapo.  On the night of August 31, 1939, a small group of German operatives dressed in Polish uniforms and led by Naujocks seized the Gleiwitz radio station and broadcast a short anti-German message in Polish. The operation was named "Grossmutter Gestorben" (Grandmother Died). The operation was to make both the attack and the broadcast look like the work of Polish anti-German saboteurs.

Furthermore, the “Gleiwitz Incident” was, as it what is labeled, a “false flag” operation, a covert operation that disguises that actual source of responsibility, i.e, the Nazis. The attackers posed as Polish nationals.   The next morning, Adolf Hitler's armed forces invaded Poland.  During his declaration of war, Hitler did not mention the “Gleiwitz Incident” but grouped all provocations, actually staged by the SS, as an alleged Polish assault on Germany. The “Gleiwitz Incident” is the best-known action of Operation Himmler, a series of special operations undertaken by the Schutzstaffel (SS) to serve Nazi German propaganda at the outbreak of war. The operation was intended to create the appearance of Polish aggression against Germany to justify the invasion of Poland.

Currently, I’m very concerned.  There have been a rash of anti-Semitic incidents, i.e., Eitz Chayim synagogue, Pittsburgh; Jersey City, New Jersey, etc.   Just this morning, I woke up to the news that five Jewish people  - they were celebrating the holiday of Chanukah -- were stabbed by an intruder in the house of a rabbi in Monsey (Rockland County) New York (Two of those five victims are in critical condition).  There is, according to police reports, a suspect who is now in custody.  The suspect, who was picked up in Harlem, is described as a tall African-American man.  

Furthermore, I would be interested in learning the motivation for these stabbings.  How did the alleged perpetrator decide upon a Chassidic (ultra-Orthodox) rabbi’s home? (There were said to also be an attempt to enter a nearby synagogue).  There are a lot of unanswered questions.  I ask: “Is this a ‘false flag’?”  Is there more to this abhorrent incident than meets the eye?  Again, I hark back to the word “motivation.”

Finally, ever since this “Current Administration” has taken power, there has been this subtle attempt to “divide and conquer,” both as a country as a whole and with like-groups who are opposed to “the powers that be”.  In other words, since taking over, the current leadership is seeking “to drive wedges.”  Their aim: “polarization.”

At cited, at first these divisive signs appeared subtle, but now they are fully on display. I fear that what had started as a trickle will, if not checked, become a cascade.  I’m concerned, if matters are allowed to develop as they appear to be, that we might not recognize our wonderful country as we once knew it. I’m fearful that the latent energy of hate will become full-blown.  

Oh, I hope that I’m wrong, but the signs are there. They have become more blatant.  We now have evidence.  The “Fire-stoker” has opened the bellows.  He has, in my opinion, fomented rebellion to suit his own narcissistic purposes.  I believe he doesn’t really care about this country, and even his supporters; they’re just “props”.  It’s all about power, power, and more power.

Finally, there’s antidote for all this.  A solution.  That is: Vote on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.   Vote to stop the chaos.  Vote to stop violence.  I say: “Please get to the polls.  Please be energized.  Please do not be complacent.  Be resolute.”

In conclusion, I fear further “occurrences” (incidents).  But, in those cases, it won’t be the beautiful desert flowers.  In fact, quite the opposite! 
We try to remain apolitical around here, but I will just say that I agree with your sentiments. The anti-Semitism appearing in America now seems directly related to things stirred up by this administration.
Trying to not talk politics, but I think it is strange the current administration is so pro Israel and some of the supporters are the total opposite.
One can be pro-Jew and pro-Israel officially while stirring nationalistic sentiment. Nationalism always leads to persecution of the "other" (ha-zulat), which always leads to creating a scapegoat of the Jews. Why do we have problems in our nation, which should be perfect? Because these sly invaders have come in and caused all of our problems! We wouldn't have problems of our own creation! It's the Mexicans who are bringing in the drugs; it's the Jews who are causing economic instability; it's the Arabs that are doing all of the terrorism. Blame others instead of cleaning up your act. It's the easy way out, and attacking those who are not "us" is the outcome. Anti-Semitism isn't the syndrome, but the symptom, of a system that isn't taking care of its national ills.

Americans manufacture and distribute harsh illegal drugs. Americans shoot up schools, places of employment, and religious institutions. Americans won't take menial jobs that they consider to be beneath them. Americans cause their own problems. Is there a problem of import of illegal drugs? Yes. The solution is to find some way to keep people from getting to the point of WANTING to use and abuse drugs.

I'm just saying that the solution is more complex than just putting up walls to keep people out. It's not just outsiders that are here to do harm. The problems are systemic, and they cannot be solved by demonizing people who are not part of the in-crowd. This demonization may have begun with calling Mexicans rapists and thieves, but it never stays there. That's bad enough, but it's clear that this type of rhetoric will lead to Anti-Semitism, racism, homophobic attacks, etc. It may have started with calling African nations "shithole countries," but it would naturally grow into other types of xenophobia and hatred.

The rampant Anti-Semitism (which was being excused until now as Anti-Zionism) should not surprise us. Many of us knew it was coming down the pike. It was inevitable.
Our current administration is the most pro-Jewish and pro-Israel I have ever seen. All the antisemitism I see is coming from the left (the "Squad" for one and so many others) not to mention what is going on in college campuses. I find it deeply disturbing that so much of it seems to be coming from the black commuinity. And anti-semitism is raising it's ugly head around the world, not just America. You can't fault one American political party (no matter which) or administration for what happens in elsewhere. I still have not been able to come to a conclusion about why it is so rampant now.