The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion closest to Judaism
So what religion do you consider to be closest to Judaism? why i ask ? according to a research i read few years ago the more religious jews say Islam,the secular nonreligious jews say christianity(because of european culture where they live in currently).This was a poll done in the USA

here is a similar question in Jerusalem streets? i would say same results Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIjTerIxLOE

so your thoughts ? :Smile
Hello Medina and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to keep out spam and bots.

In my opinion each religion has its own unique similarities and differences so I wouldn't say one is "closer" than the other.

I do know what the original is though!
Searchinmyroots,understood!

And i agree with you,i believe every religion has its roots in the One truth so obviously you will find similarities in all religions.There is also the aspect of culture,depending on where you lived.
In terms of personal observance, traditional Islam is more similar to traditional Judaism than is traditional Christianity. That said, liberal Christianity is more similar to liberal Judaism than it is to liberal Islam.
(01-02-2020, 08:09 PM)Jason Wrote: In terms of personal observance, traditional Islam is more similar to traditional Judaism than is traditional Christianity. That said, liberal Christianity is more similar to liberal Judaism than it is to liberal Islam.

And there you have it!
Since Islam "borrowed" from Judaism, and since it is purely monotheistic I would say Islam, in personal observance and some theology.
(01-02-2020, 08:09 PM)Jason Wrote: In terms of personal observance, traditional Islam is more similar to traditional Judaism than is traditional Christianity. That said, liberal Christianity is more similar to liberal Judaism than it is to liberal Islam.

Is there such a thing as liberal Islam?
(01-05-2020, 03:25 PM)Chavak Wrote:

Yes, there is. The problem is that the moderate and liberal expressions of Islam have no voice in the institutions of Islamic thought. They are generally ignored and the people considered كُفَّار kuffar "infidels" or "unbelievers," much in the way that Reform Jews are nearly considered כּוֹפְרִים kofrim "infidels" by the Ultra-Orthodox.
(01-08-2020, 07:07 AM)Jason Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 03:25 PM)Chavak Wrote:

Yes, there is. The problem is that the moderate and liberal expressions of Islam have no voice in the institutions of Islamic thought. They are generally ignored and the people considered كُفَّار kuffar "infidels" or "unbelievers," much in the way that Reform Jews are nearly considered כּוֹפְרִים kofrim "infidels" by the Ultra-Orthodox.

But in the US Reform maintains a large presence, no matter what the Ultra-Orthodox think. I don't think I've ever heard of a liberal mosque or school or anything related to Islam as being liberal.
Hi. Just dropped in for a comment like question.  What about Sufism? They've been known to be a persecuted group, seen as heretical from the more fundamentalist sects within Islam. They focus on inward reflection of God, spirituality, and shun materialism while remaining mostly apolitical.  An interesting read from the New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/24/world...ainer.html

I enjoy listening to the calming and beautiful music by Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.