The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
חַג
Please instruct me if and how I am wrong:

The "new" יָרֵחַ is not representing the new חוֹדֶשׁ? I feel as I am being told פֶּסַח is starting two days off from appointed times. Can someone explain why? Do I have something wrong? Because, by my counting and what I see; it is two days off.
Are you under the impression that by unnecessarily throwing Hebrew words into English sentences you somehow gain some measure of credibility?
בקש שלום ורדפהו
I do not like the pagan influences of other tongues. Especially when talking with בני ישראל .
Dude, the Hebrew calendar is already set according to the phases of the moon, and those who calculate it have been doing so their whole lives and all agree. If anyone's off, it's got to be you. Why would you be calculating the dates for things, anyway? The calendar already exists.

And to what extent do you know Hebrew? Why throw words into your English that have perfectly intelligible names in English? Do you need to write בני ישראל when we know perfectly well what "the children of Israel" means in English?

I'm all about Hebrew. I speak Hebrew. I teach biblical Hebrew online. I love the language, but I don't think the words have magical meanings that don't exist in English. We speak English on this forum. You can certainly express yourself in English.

If Hebrew is serious for you, and you want to communicate in Hebrew, we can do that. My problem is that it seems that you're trying to attach magical meaning to Hebrew words.
(04-14-2020, 02:37 AM)wes Wrote: The "new" יָרֵחַ is not representing the new חוֹדֶשׁ?... Because, by my counting and what I see; it is two days off.

What leads you to this conclusion? Are you simply counting from the new moon to Passover? You assume that other people think like you and know where you're coming from, but I certainly don't know what you're talking about.

It's clear that Passover (פסח) is on Nisan 14, going into Nisan 15. That hasn't changed. Why do you think the month should have started two days earlier or later (since you don't even indicate that in your OP)?
If we go by the new moon, according to calendar-12.com, the new moon was on April 22, and Rosh Chodesh Nisan was on the evening of April 26. That's four days difference. Why do you think it was two days?

I don't determine dates and times in Judaism. I live according to the calendar that we ALL live by, and I don't see why you think it's your position to determine when things should be observed.
I do not believe that I have that authority. I very well could have been wrong and that is something I do not want to be ever is wrong. בני ישראל will be a light to the world and part of the salvation plan from אלוהינו bringing salvation to the ends of the nations. So please obey אלוהינו to be as such, so we may live.

Please
(05-26-2021, 02:43 AM)wes Wrote: I do not believe that I have that authority. I very well could have been wrong and that is something I do not want to be ever is wrong.  בני ישראל will be a light to the world and part of the salvation plan from אלוהינו bringing salvation to the ends of the nations. So please obey אלוהינו to be as such, so we may live.

Please

Your insistence on trying to tell Jews how to be Jews is already wearisome and you've only got 8 posts on the forum.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(05-27-2021, 02:34 AM)RabbiO Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 02:43 AM)wes Wrote: I do not believe that I have that authority. I very well could have been wrong and that is something I do not want to be ever is wrong.  בני ישראל will be a light to the world and part of the salvation plan from אלוהינו bringing salvation to the ends of the nations. So please obey אלוהינו to be as such, so we may live.

Please

Your insistence on trying to tell Jews how to be Jews is already wearisome and you've only got 8 posts on the forum.

What should you call a person who hears חוכמה and is angered by such?  I was pleading that בני ישראל obey אלוהינו.  Or do you despise those who say such to בני ישראל? How would you feel if every person in the world lovingly 
reminded בני ישראל to obey אלוהינו? Would that cause you to be angered or would that ease לבך?
And while bringing the light to those groping in the dark and pleading for help, those who are blind, while the world is tottering, would you trip them? Or would you be good to the גר seeking אמת? Have you ever thought you would be evil, stiff necked, and hard headed? What about being like those who mistreated the נביאים? How horrible it would be, to mistreat an איש האלוהים whom אלוהינו sent to tell בני ישראל things that   אדני יהוה  wanted to be said. Who could answer even 1 in a grand questions from אלוהינו? And how do you know what אלוהינו wants to be said to בני ישראל? How would you know what אלוהינו may want said if you didn't listen to whom אדני יהוה sent? Do you and בני ישראל have everything figured out and need not hear from אלוהינו or hear the pleading from עבדי יהוה? I truly love you and
all

בני ישראל so deeply and rips נפשי so greatly to see all the horrible things happening to בני ישראל. Yes there is evil and badness, and what a tragedy when it happens to a good people, for that is truly bad. Do you think בני ישראל is completely good and perfect in everyway and deed, in absolutely no need of help or correction even though אלוהינו made known to the נביאים your wrongs so that you may שובו and live. 

I love you, please go forth and be perfect. אל טוב

The world is in darkness , so obey אלוהינו and be the light we need....please the peoples are blind....my peoples. I love you and stand with בני ישראל  and having delight and awe for your people!

יכבדו את בית דוד
(05-27-2021, 06:19 AM)wes Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 02:34 AM)RabbiO Wrote: Your insistence on trying to tell Jews how to be Jews is already wearisome and you've only got 8 posts on the forum.
How horrible it would be, to mistreat an איש האלוהים whom אלוהינו sent to tell בני ישראל things that   אדני יהוה  wanted to be said. Who could answer even 1 in a grand questions from אלוהינו? And how do you know what אלוהינו wants to be said to בני ישראל? How would you know what אלוהינו may want said if you didn't listen to whom אדני יהוה sent? Do you and בני ישראל have everything figured out and need not hear from אלוהינו or hear the pleading from עבדי יהוה

Are you claiming to have been sent by G-d to instruct the Jewish people?

I stand by what I have said to you previously.
בקש שלום ורדפהו