The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know what to do.
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I have to come out with it. 

I'm a former Christian who came to the conclusion that Jesus isn't the Jewish Messiah. From what I could see Jesus hasn't fulfilled many of the prophecies from Tanakh and I couldn't find anything in Tanakh that supports the idea of a second coming. And most importantly most Christians worship Jesus as G-d, which is idolatry.

Because of this I wanted to be a Noahide. I wanted to be completely sure that I made the right decision, so I posted my thoughts about Jesus not being the Messiah in a Christian forum, to see if I had overlooked anything, and to see if anyone could answer my objections.

After that a Pentecostal Christian contacted me and wanted to speak with me. So we did. I went into the call thinking that he was going to argue that Jesus was the Messiah.

Then he began talking about Jesus being the only true G-d. I thought that he was completely wrong, and that the conversation was a waste of time. Pentecostals are unitarian and I never heard anyone talk about Jesus as he did. He said that Jesus was the G-d from the beginning, and that Y-H-W-H was a name he gave himself to not reveal his real name yet.

Everytime I hear about different church denominations, I can always come up with arguments that prove that they are not right, but this time was different. It felt so obvious that the Messiah isn't G-d, but the way he explained everything made sense. I felt like he knew everything, and that he had an answer to everything I said. In a way it didn't feel like it was himself speaking. 

His name was Noah just like myself, and he began telling me that he was sent to me. He also said that he has seen people being cured from cancer and being raised from the death with the power of Jesus. Everybody can say that, and just because we have the same name doesn't mean that he's sent for me. But there was still something I felt I couldn't explain.

It suddenly made sense to me, when I asked him this: "There are over 30.000 Christian denominations in the world. They all claim to be guided by G-d, and that they are the true church. Why are you more correct than everybody else?" He answered: "You have to look at what the church can achieve in the name of Jesus Christ." Have you ever heard about people waking up from death, being cured from cancer or getting back their sight in any other church than the Pentecostal? I haven't. It's also almost always the Pentecostal church where people cast out demons. 

He was right. What could I answer him? 

After the conversation that lasted a little under 2 hours I fell down on my knees and cried. It's only about a year ago I began to believe in G-d. And since then I have been bombarded with different people claiming to have the truth. All of them have arguments both for and against them. 

I have felt that G-d has guided me towards Messianic Judaism, Orthodox Christianity, Noahidism and now Pentecostal Christianity.

I don't know what to believe, and it bothers me. If I die tomorrow what will happen on the day of judgement? I want to serve G-d with my whole heart, but I don't know how.

What should I do? What do you think? I guess that you believe that the right for me is Noahidism. I was also sure about that until that call. Do you have any arguments for Noahidism against Pentecostal Christianity and Christianity in general that I don't know?

May G-d be with you all!
Hello Noah and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

Thank you for your introduction and for sharing your journey. It seems like you are doing some real soul searching!

Here are my comments and I'm sure others may chime in as well.

If you believe in G-d, the one that is first mentioned in the Hebrew bible, then you should try and understand what the Hebrew bible says. It's really about what the Hebrew bible says, not what anyone else does.

Healings, miracles and the like are not proof of anything. I'm not sure the Pentecostals have a hold on them either. I know people that don't believe in G-d and they were cured of cancer, so what does that mean? And I'd be pretty skeptical about the "raising of the dead".

This sort of sums it all up as to what is expected of you - 

Ecclesiastes - Chapter 12-

13 - The end of the matter, everything having been heard, fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the entire man.

14 - For every deed God will bring to judgment-for every hidden thing, whether good or bad.

So it's really about how you live your life and how you try to improve upon yourself and the lives of others.

To understand what the Hebrew bible says as opposed to what Christianity teaches, you should listen to and/or watch Rabbi Tovia Singer and Rabbi Skobac. Both are very well versed in both the Hebrew bible and what Christians refer to as the New Testament.

Of course you can still ask questions here and we will do our best to answer them or at least provide references.

I wish you well on your journey!
(10-22-2020, 10:28 PM)Noah_Philipsen Wrote: I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I have to come out with it......
Noah, you seem to be unaware that there are two types of Pentecostalism. The majority of Pentecostals are believers in the doctrine of the Trinity. Only those who are known as Oneness Pentecostals reject the the Trinity doctrine and believe that Jesus and Y-H-W-H are one and the same.  

I'd like to know a bit more about you before I weigh in any further. I hope you'll forgive what might seem like nosiness. Itis an occupational hazard.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
I'd just say... prove it. I think it's a complete lie that they've ever done a confirmable miracle. Be a skeptical.
In the past week, I've listened to probably ten hour-long lectures by Rabbi Skobac. YouTube just leads from one into the next.
(10-26-2020, 07:46 AM)Jason Wrote: In the past week, I've listened to probably ten hour-long lectures by Rabbi Skobac. YouTube just leads from one into the next.

I take it you are enjoying his lectures?

I have watched many myself and think he is pretty straight forward.
Yeah, it's a refreshing passage of time. Smile