The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will the Jewish Messiah be like?
Bluebird,

Coincidentally, I received something in my email inbox this morning in reference to the awaited Jewish messiah.

Here is a clip of it -

"David is the king after God’s heart. He is the man that God chose to lead us years ago and he still leads us to our destiny today.

When the Messiah comes he will not come with a different message. The Messiah will not oppose the message of Israel, he will confirm it. The Messiah, like David before him will teach that God is close to everyone who calls out to God with sincerity. He will sing about the perfection of God’s holy law. He will speak of the blessing of obedience to God’s law. He will sing of the joy that is inherent in recognizing God’s love in every detail of existence. The Messiah will stand as a continuum of the message and the leadership of his ancestor David. Like his ancestor before him, the Messiah will inspire Israel to obedience and love of God. And like his ancestor before him, the Messiah will see to it that a Temple is built for God in Jerusalem.

In the footsteps of David, the Messiah will do all of the above without diverting attention to himself. The Messiah will set the example of a heart that yearns for God as did David before him. And the heart of the Messiah will draw the hearts of Israel and the hearts of all mankind to love and to obey God.

And when the Messiah continues the work of his ancestor David, the nations of the world will experience the blessing that God promised to the world through the children of Abraham. For that blessing does not come to the nations through the Messiah alone. That blessing flows to the nations through the people of Israel, through the Temple in Jerusalem and through the Messiah who sits on David’s throne.

So to recap; what does the Bible teach us about the Messiah? That he will be king of Israel and that he will sit on the throne of David.

This means that he will lead Israel to its destiny, to be a blessing to all the nations of the earth, and he will do so as a continuation of David’s legacy. In short we can say that the Messiah will pick up the tune where his ancestor David left off."
(04-19-2021, 02:29 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Bluebird,

Coincidentally, I received something in my email inbox this morning in reference to the awaited Jewish messiah.

Here is a clip of it -

"David is the king after God’s heart. He is the man that God chose to lead us years ago and he still leads us to our destiny today.

When the Messiah comes he will not come with a different message. The Messiah will not oppose the message of Israel, he will confirm it. The Messiah, like David before him will teach that God is close to everyone who calls out to God with sincerity. He will sing about the perfection of God’s holy law. He will speak of the blessing of obedience to God’s law. He will sing of the joy that is inherent in recognizing God’s love in every detail of existence. The Messiah will stand as a continuum of the message and the leadership of his ancestor David. Like his ancestor before him, the Messiah will inspire Israel to obedience and love of God. And like his ancestor before him, the Messiah will see to it that a Temple is built for God in Jerusalem.

In the footsteps of David, the Messiah will do all of the above without diverting attention to himself. The Messiah will set the example of a heart that yearns for God as did David before him. And the heart of the Messiah will draw the hearts of Israel and the hearts of all mankind to love and to obey God.

And when the Messiah continues the work of his ancestor David, the nations of the world will experience the blessing that God promised to the world through the children of Abraham. For that blessing does not come to the nations through the Messiah alone. That blessing flows to the nations through the people of Israel, through the Temple in Jerusalem and through the Messiah who sits on David’s throne.

So to recap; what does the Bible teach us about the Messiah? That he will be king of Israel and that he will sit on the throne of David.

This means that he will lead Israel to its destiny, to be a blessing to all the nations of the earth, and he will do so as a continuation of David’s legacy. In short we can say that the Messiah will pick up the tune where his ancestor David left off."

Hi searchinmyroots, that's quite interesting that you mention David. Yesterday I finished reading 2. Samuel. The excerpt from the email was indeed the missing part I was looking for. While writing this I remember that G-d wasn't pleased that Israel desired a king. Amazing that he promised a messiah like king David and thus takes stubbern human wishes into account.
There's a very interesting Talmudic passage (b Sanhedrin 98a) that illustrates differing views of what the Messiah's coming will be like:

Quote:אמר רבי אלכסנדרי רבי יהושע בן לוי רמי כתיב (דניאל ז, יג) וארו עם ענני שמיא כבר אינש אתה וכתיב (זכריה ט, ט) עני ורוכב על חמור זכו עם ענני שמיא לא זכו עני רוכב על חמור

Rabbi Alexandri says: Rabbi Yehoshua ben Levi raises a contradiction between two depictions of the coming of the Messiah. It is written: “There came with the clouds of heaven, one like unto a son of man…and there was given him dominion and glory and a kingdom…his dominion is an everlasting dominion” (Daniel 7:13–14). And it is written: “Behold, your king will come to you; he is just and victorious; lowly and riding upon a donkey and upon a colt, the foal of a donkey” (Zechariah 9:9). Rabbi Alexandri explains: If the Jewish people merit redemption, the Messiah will come in a miraculous manner with the clouds of heaven. If they do not merit redemption, the Messiah will come lowly and riding upon a donkey.

Since this passage alludes to two proof texts used in the gospels, some see it as perhaps arising from rabbinic discussions with messianic Jews who believed in Jesus. Others think that this and other Talmudic references, (eg, referring to a Messiah ben Joseph) predate the Christian scriptures.
related Link
https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/show...hp?tid=680
More on the Abraham Accords:

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/f-him-...iew-688401

' Wrote:...Barak Ravid's new book Trump’s Peace: The Abraham Accords and the Reshaping of the Middle East, showing, in part, that the relationship between the two world leaders was not as tight as it seemed...
I have several questions of great interest. I was raised and am Christian. However I do have an underlying concept of what is perceived. I do have an ancient bloodline that is unexplainable, and have proffesed possibly being the Lion of Judah without harm or malice falling on me in regards to your version of scripture. I do believe in Christ as the savior, however in being related to Robert the Bruce, and the St. Clairs(Sinclair's); and beyond..I feel love on a different level than most. Sorry if this doesn't make sense to you, doesn't much make sense to me. If anyone has insight on this please feel free to respond. I had a Lion tattooed on me long before I started this process. My life has been less than worth noting. Have been through more than most in my 36 years on this planet I assure you.
To clarify: I do not believe to be a prophet or Messiah. Just a lot of irregularities that are not normal and I know in my heart are true. I know what I know
And to the person who posted before me; None of us truly know or have the understanding of the Father. Love is the closest concept we have, not division. Even King Nebuchadnezzar was restored to sanity amongst his folly. Just love friend.
Psalms 22 shows the humanity of King David. Let's not act like we have it all figured out.
Ecclesiastes is a great book to dive in as well. A lot of people are turned off by the banter, makes it hard to profess to non-believers being so cut and dry. Just saying.