The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the messiah supposed to be a (one) person?
Sarah,

First, I would like to thank you for asking questions, for this is how we learn. Yes, I said "we" because the one who answers questions also learns from the ones who ask them!

So no, your questions are not stupid, they are genuine!

There are many passages in the Hebrew bible that refer to a coming age that a certain person will "usher in". Although there is no specific reference to "The" messiah, there is a reference to a person who is a messiah (which generally just means one who is anointed with a special oil).

The Hebrew bible doesn't focus on who this person is specifically, but how the world will change when he arrives.

Attached is a pretty thorough explanation of what, who and when.

Please note this was written as an anti-missionary article but it explains things, in my opinion, from a biblical standpoint very well.

The first part of the article provides the qualifications with back up reference from biblical passages. The second part explains why one who claims to be a messiah has not met those qualifications.

Hope that helps!

Attached Files
.pdf   Wanted.pdf (Size: 91.68 KB / Downloads: 6)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the messiah supposed to be a (one) person? - by searchinmyroots - 04-08-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: Is the messiah supposed to be a (one) person? - by Peergint - 06-10-2019, 02:22 PM