The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Educate me on Judaism
Back ground - (skip to next paragraph for main point) My mother was christian and my father is Israeli.  He converted to Christianity when he remarried when I was 17.  I never went to temple or church but identified as jewish until I was 20 until the pressures of living in a christian country (USA) resulted in me unofficially converting.  Then I became mentally ill at 21 and suffered from delusions until just two years ago which affected my beliefs as i switched back and forth frequently.  I am now 28 and am realizing that I decided to become christian because of my delusions.  Voices told me that I was damned for my (hallucinated) conspiracy to murder under Jewish law and that jesus would be more forgiving.  I reported myself to police many times and had been sent to the hospital promptly each time.  Essentially, I am at square one without much knowledge of Judaism besides a weak memory of skimming the old testament and I want to choose my religion based on theology.  Please only list biblical beliefs, I promise I am not here to speak about or support any other religion.  My replies will only be to probe further about the jewish theology.  I want to know about Judaism.

I was born to a christian mother by a jewish father and I want to learn about the jewish faith to make an educated decision.  I will not respond with comments comparing the religions, but only dive deeper into jewish theology.  I am particularly interested in beliefs regarding the afterlife.

If you read the intro and made it this far without thinking I am a troll, you will be happy to know that treatment has been so successful that I am now stabalized, able to hold a job, and am working on my phd!

mods- if the substance of this post is not allowed, please contact me so that I can make revisions

Messages In This Thread
Educate me on Judaism - by mbajohn1990 - 08-05-2019, 02:42 AM
RE: Educate me on Judaism - by searchinmyroots - 08-05-2019, 03:03 AM
RE: Educate me on Judaism - by mbajohn1990 - 08-05-2019, 03:15 AM
RE: Educate me on Judaism - by searchinmyroots - 08-05-2019, 03:29 AM
RE: Educate me on Judaism - by searchinmyroots - 08-05-2019, 10:12 PM
RE: Educate me on Judaism - by mbajohn1990 - 08-05-2019, 10:39 PM
RE: Educate me on Judaism - by nili - 08-06-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: Educate me on Judaism - by searchinmyroots - 08-06-2019, 01:51 AM
RE: Educate me on Judaism - by mbajohn1990 - 08-06-2019, 02:27 AM
RE: Educate me on Judaism - by searchinmyroots - 08-06-2019, 03:12 AM