The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me to understand my ancestors
Alan_Boskov Wrote:...I myself have a very distant relative of whom I'm near certain was Jewish...

As far as certainty goes, there's no longer anything to debate: https://www.geni.com/search?search_type=people&names=Karpa

Around 20 years ago, my uncle sent me these as well as related handwritten documents and charts. Since then, my dad passed away. So, I don't yet know where the sources he had to work with are stored. What I do have are the following. Since on the one document the Cyrillic happens to be hand-written, it'll be difficult to dicipher these names and titles, for the time being. The printed alphabet would of course be no problem.
On these documents, simon Karpa is listed as #159. Marked with pink are his descendants, also not documented with dates of any kind.
Detective work is fun and I'll certainly invest quite a bit of time researching. What interests me most is as to why this relative ended up in Macedonia, either voluntarilly or as a result of fleeing persecution in his former place of residence of which I would like to find out as to what fate his relatives may have suffered in this case and to where any other possible survivors have dispersed to. In fact, if it were possible, it would be most interesting to trace this relative as far into history as possible.
If he had not converted over, there's a chance that records might still exist at the synagogue, in case records were stored there whatsoever. I have the e-mail adress of the Rabbi there. However, I don't wish to waste his time with untranslated documents and requests, initially. I would, in any case, contact him, if there is no other recourse and only with translated documents.
Here's what I've got, so far:

Messages In This Thread
Help me to understand my ancestors - by h0zzyb33 - 09-13-2019, 02:03 AM
RE: Help me to understand my ancestors - by Alan_Boskov - 06-23-2021, 06:51 AM