The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie here!
Greetings to all. My name is Ezra. I'm new here to the Jewish Forums. 

I was born and raised in Texas. Recently I moved to Massachusetts. I've been living here around Springfield for about a month now. I'm 19 years old. 

I have aspirations of going to college here soon. I started a semester back in Texas but dropped when I moved here to Mass. There are tons of education options here in Mass, so I'm definitely going to look into enrolling somewhere soon! I don't (as of now) know what I want to do career wise, though. Right now I'm just working in a grocery store (something I've been doing since I was 17).

When I was younger I was enrolled in the Nigri International Jewish Online School. It's a Jewish day school online that's put out through the Merkos L'Inyonei Chinuch (which is the central Chabad-Lubavitch educational organization in Crown Heights). I learned there because there was barely any Jewish presence in the town I grew up in -- and when I say barely, I mean it! There wasn't even a single synagogue. The closest thing Jewish was 15 miles away and it was a small, dying Reform community. Since I was being schooled Orthodox, my family and I would have to travel at least 4 hours away to get to the closest Orthodox synagogue. 

Like I said, I recently relocated to the Springfield area in Western Mass, and am apart of one of the Orthodox communities here. Since most of my schooling and Jewish experiences come from Chabad, I would consider myself to be somewhat Chabad. (I daven from Siddur Tehilas Hashem, I wear a hat and jacket on Shabbos, etc.) 

I'm just looking for a place to talk and discuss Yiddishkeit. English is my first language, but I'm proficient in both Hebrew and Yiddish. I look forward to schmoozing with all of you here on the Jewish Forums. 

If you have any questions about me, please ask below! 

Also check out my profile on Mi Yodeya, the Judaism Stack Exchange: https://judaism.stackexchange.com/users/...ab=profile

Messages In This Thread
Newbie here! - by ezra - 11-15-2019, 05:15 AM
RE: Newbie here! - by searchinmyroots - 11-15-2019, 01:40 PM
RE: Newbie here! - by Jason - 11-16-2019, 01:55 PM
RE: Newbie here! - by ezra - 11-20-2019, 12:02 AM