The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is judaism better about keeping out the losers?
Maybe the times are changing too rapidly for people to cope gracefully, and Protestant Christianity in America is going through rapid change, with social media and modern technology, ect.   I thought the OP gave a rough overview of a religion he doesn't fully understand nor the people. Stereotyping creates blind spots.  It is the love of money that is the root of evil according to Christianity, not "the root of evil is money."  There is a difference.  Religion can become toxic for some, and on forgiveness there are people who remain in abusive situations by following what is written in Matthew, to a letter,  where Jesus said to forgive 70 times 7. If not, neither will Jesus forgive them.  It would be better to become an atheist, imo.  

This is a 12 minute video of a 109 year old WW2 veteran, who shares his secrets to a long life, and his faith in God.  He has since been deceased, 2018,  at the age of 112.  Mr. Richard Overton.  I really admire his perspective and attitude towards life. So much one could have learned and benefited from being around his example of what a Christian is to be.  As developed in character as he had,  I got the feel he never took "religion" too seriously. A remarkable human being that enjoyed his cigars, whiskey, canned soup and believed in treating people right.  He kept religion simple and that was part of his wisdom and secret.  

https://video.nationalgeographic.com/vid...f5a2ce0000

Messages In This Thread
RE: why is judaism better about keeping out the losers? - by Dana - 08-13-2020, 01:15 AM