The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube Videos about Hasidic Jews
(12-23-2020, 06:50 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: You are very welcome!

I thought they are pretty inspiring and give a good look inside as to what most media would not promote.

My Mom reviewed books for the local newspaper when I was growing up so she had a pretty good library, which I would also devour. In high school I started reading all of her Chaim Potok novels, which I absolutely loved. Then I moved on to Elie Wiesel, whose so very profound books still haunt and enchant me to this day. So I have some very basic familiarity with, and a great love for, the Hasidic culture. I used to consider converting to Judaism, and even spoke with a lovely Chabad rabbi, but ultimately decided, out of respect, that I will always be an outsider, and do not necessarily believe in God anyway. I don't actively disbelieve in God, but, as my agnostic grandfather used to say, "How can finite human minds even begin to understand the Infinite?" I hope for God even if I don't really believe. Anyway, let me just say that I love and respect the Hasidim, even if from a distance, nonetheless a distance that seems very intimate and profound.

Messages In This Thread
RE: YouTube Videos about Hasidic Jews - by Jason - 12-23-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: YouTube Videos about Hasidic Jews - by robrecht - 12-24-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: YouTube Videos about Hasidic Jews - by Dana - 12-24-2020, 02:41 AM