The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pharaoh's heart
Shabbat Shalom Mauriac, yes, that is something good to contemplate.  Why did G-d harden Pharaoh’s heart.  I think it is fairly easy to answer…G-d was hardening Pharaoh’s heart so that he would not let the people go, thereby, allowing G-d to perform many signs and wonders to make His Name great, and get honour.  The Exiles returning from Babylon declared the following concerning G-d:

Neh 9:9-10
 (9) And Thou sawest the affliction of our fathers in Egypt, and heardest their cry by the Red Sea;  (10) and didst show signs and wonders upon Pharaoh, and on all his servants, and on all the people of his land; for Thou knewest that they dealt proudly against them; and didst get Thee a name, as it is this day.

To be sure, G-d got a NAME (a name of renown) because of the great wonders and signs that He performed upon Pharaoh and Egypt.  Just think about it, Pharaoh’s heart on multiple occasions wanted to let the people go:

(Ex 8:8) Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron, and said: 'Entreat the LORD, that He take away the frogs from me, and from my people; and I will let the people go, that they may sacrifice unto the LORD.'

(Ex 8:28) And Pharaoh said: 'I will let you go, that ye may sacrifice to the LORD your G-d in the wilderness; only ye shall not go very far away; entreat for me.'

(Ex 10:24) And Pharaoh called unto Moses, and said: 'Go ye, serve the LORD; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed; let your little ones also go with you.'

But G-d would not allow Pharaoh to let them go, by hardening Pharaoh’s heart:

(Ex 4:21) And the LORD said unto Moses: 'When thou goest back into Egypt, see that thou do before Pharaoh all the wonders which I have put in thy hand; but I will harden his heart, and he will not let the people go.

Ex 7:2-5  (2) Thou shalt speak all that I command thee; and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land.  (3) And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt.  (4) But Pharaoh will not hearken unto you, and I will lay My hand upon Egypt, and bring forth My hosts, My people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt, by great judgments.  (5) And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth My hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.'

(Ex 9:12) And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

(Ex 10:20) But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go.

(Ex 10:27) But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let them go.

(Ex 11:10) And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh; and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

And the REASON G-d hardened Pharoah’s heart was so that He could perform all the signs and wonders, and then it would be plain to see that HaShem is G-d, and that He would get His Honour upon Pharaoh.

Ex 10:1-2  (1) And the LORD said unto Moses: 'Go in unto Pharaoh; for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might show these My signs in the midst of them;  (2) and that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what I have wrought upon Egypt, and My signs which I have done among them; that ye may know that I am the LORD.'

(Ex 14:4) And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he shall follow after them; and I will get Me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; and the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD.' And they did so.

So, there is your answer Mauriac, G-d hardened Pharaoh’s heart so that He could specifically bring all of those signs and wonders upon Egypt, so that His Name would be made GREAT, and that everyone would KNOW that He is HaShem.  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

Messages In This Thread
Pharaoh's heart - by Mauriac - 12-31-2020, 12:27 AM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by searchinmyroots - 12-31-2020, 01:00 AM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by ImAHebrew - 01-02-2021, 04:56 PM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by RabbiO - 01-02-2021, 10:23 PM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by searchinmyroots - 01-03-2021, 12:27 AM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by ImAHebrew - 01-03-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by Dana - 01-03-2021, 01:57 PM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by searchinmyroots - 01-03-2021, 03:17 PM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by searchinmyroots - 01-03-2021, 03:21 PM