The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pharaoh's heart
(01-03-2021, 12:27 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Imahebrew,

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but you should state it that way, as your view or opinion.

I see you left out the part where God strengthens Pharaohs heart as you incorrectly wrote "harden" for Exodus 4:21

I think one needs to understand why originally G-d strengthened Pharaohs heart and then hardened it.

Shalom searhinmyroots, thank you for the correction.  Could you answer what your opinion would be concerning the REASON G-d "strengthened" Pharaoh's heart.  Was Pharaoh's heart "strengthened" to do good, or did G-d "strengthen" his heart to do evil?  And is it your opinion that the exact same word used in Exodus 4:21 for "strengthens" (חָזַק‬ (ḥāzaq), is it also used in the following verses where it is translated "hardened":

(Ex 7:13) And he hardened (strengthens-חָזַק‬ (ḥāzaq) Pharaoh’s heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

(Ex 7:22) And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh’s heart was hardened (strengthened-חָזַק‬ (ḥāzaq), neither did he hearken unto them; as the Lord had said.

(Ex 8:19) Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This [is] the finger of God: and Pharaoh’s heart was hardened (strengthened-חָזַק‬ (ḥāzaq), and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

(Ex 9:12) And the Lord hardened (strengthened-חָזַק‬ (ḥāzaq) the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had spoken unto Moses.

(Ex 9:35) And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened (strengthened-חָזַק‬ (ḥāzaq), neither would he let the children of Israel go; as the Lord had spoken by Moses.

(Ex 10:20) But the Lord hardened (strengthened-חָזַק‬ (ḥāzaq) Pharaoh’s heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go.

(Ex 10:27) But the Lord hardened (strengthened-חָזַק‬ (ḥāzaq) Pharaoh’s heart, and he would not let them go.

(Ex 11:10) And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh: and the Lord hardened (strengthened-חָזַק‬ (ḥāzaq) Pharaoh’s heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

I will try to follow your suggestion in stating my truthful understanding of the Scriptures, that it is only my view or opinion.  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

Messages In This Thread
Pharaoh's heart - by Mauriac - 12-31-2020, 12:27 AM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by searchinmyroots - 12-31-2020, 01:00 AM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by ImAHebrew - 01-02-2021, 04:56 PM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by RabbiO - 01-02-2021, 10:23 PM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by searchinmyroots - 01-03-2021, 12:27 AM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by ImAHebrew - 01-03-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by Dana - 01-03-2021, 01:57 PM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by searchinmyroots - 01-03-2021, 03:17 PM
RE: Pharaoh's heart - by searchinmyroots - 01-03-2021, 03:21 PM