The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid vaccine and the Jewish CEO of Pfizer
What is the point of mass vaccination, as long as social distancing measures aren't being consequently enforced or even taken seriously?
(07-28-2021, 04:16 AM)Ismq Wrote: What a relief that vaccines have been discovered and that are good vaccines and more and more people is being vaccinated.

I'm with you. I got the vaccine in January. I'm thankful that they were able to get them developed so quickly, and I don't see what all this anti-vax stuff is about.
(07-29-2021, 10:22 AM)Jason Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 04:16 AM)Ismq Wrote: What a relief that vaccines have been discovered and that are good vaccines and more and more people is being vaccinated.

I'm with you. I got the vaccine in January. I'm thankful that they were able to get them developed so quickly, and I don't see what all this anti-vax stuff is about.

For me, it's not about being anti-vax, it's about being anti-choice.
(07-29-2021, 03:54 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: For me, it's not about being anti-vax, it's about being anti-choice.

So you disagree with the Rabbinical Council of America - the rabbinical arm of the Orthodox Union, the modern Orthodox organization and the Rabbinical Assembly, the Conservative movement’s rabbinical arm, that getting vaccinated is not simply a moral issue, but rather halakhah demands/requires Jews get vaccinated? (Even Chabad finds it mandatory.)
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(07-29-2021, 04:58 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 03:54 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: For me, it's not about being anti-vax, it's about being anti-choice.

So you disagree with the Rabbinical Council of America - the rabbinical arm of the Orthodox Union, the modern Orthodox organization and the Rabbinical Assembly, the Conservative movement’s rabbinical arm, that getting vaccinated is not simply a moral issue, but rather halakhah demands/requires Jews get vaccinated? (Even Chabad finds it mandatory.)

I don't disagree with their decision, they are entitled to make a ruling. Surely there must be some exceptions, it isn't a blanket ruling is it?

In my opinion, the problem is, there are too many unknown's and too many people are jumping on a bandwagon with a lot of unanswered questions.

I would like to know what the RCA is basing their decision on, what facts and/or evidence.

This is from the Chabad website as well -

"Obviously, as in all cases, especially in regard to the health of children, one should consult one’s personal physician, a licensed medical doctor. If your personal physician advises you not to vaccinate due to specific concerns, then you should not vaccinate."

So it's not as straight forward as it might seem.
(07-29-2021, 05:16 PM)4814 Wrote:...In my opinion, the problem is, there are too many unknown's...
This is also my reason for sitting back and waiting. As a rule, I'm not against receiving vaccinations, unless the circumstances surrounding campaigns pushing them are awkward.
(07-30-2021, 04:23 PM)Alan_Boskov Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 05:16 PM)4814 Wrote:...In my opinion, the problem is, there are too many unknown's...
This is also my reason for sitting back and waiting. As a rule, I'm not against receiving vaccinations, unless the circumstances surrounding campaigns pushing them are awkward.

Or if certain propaganda machines have made those circumstances seem suspicious. If people weren't refusing the vaccine, the process of bringing it out would be natural. It's the resistance that makes the push for it necessary.
(07-30-2021, 09:33 PM)Jason Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 04:23 PM)Alan_Boskov Wrote:

Or if certain propaganda machines have made those circumstances seem suspicious. If people weren't refusing the vaccine, the process of bringing it out would be natural. It's the resistance that makes the push for it necessary.

Why would the process be natural? My understanding is, that we are free creatures, have to use our brains to decide wheather something is good or bad. And people can also change their minds if the facs are so. 

Another thing to consider is this: are the people who launch the vaccine trustworthy and honest or do they have other things in mind than the health of the people (for example money). What I have seen are politicians, doctors and pharmaceutical companies lying. Ministers here are involved in corruption and enrich themselves by the crisis. A little suspicion should be allowed.

I just don't like to be forced into one direction.
One thing that seems suspicious to me is coercion against those that would say no thanks.  My body my choice.  Why should the vaccinated be frightened of the un-vaccinated?

The Buccaneers, a football team,  require its un-vaccinated players to wear a yellow wristband to identify themselves. If this is true I find it horrifying.  The backers of this idea believe they are doing the right thing.  I see a conflict of morality and do not believe in humiliating players into succumbing to the pressure.  I don't follow football but if it is happening there and succeeds will the idea take hold?    https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-banni...ear-yellow
If the Buccaneers truly want their players vaccinated, they should make the refuseniks wear either pink or rainbow-colored wristbands instead  Big Grin . But then again, you never know. There may be some who like wearing those despite, even if not pressured to do so Angel
Jason Wrote:Or if certain propaganda machines have made those circumstances seem suspicious...
Back before there was an internet for everyone, it would have been much easier to push things onto the public such as waging foreign conflicts in places like Vietnam, Cuba and Granada, for instance. If this current pandemic had appeared in 1964, nobody would have questioned getting vaccinated. The majority of Refuseniks are not to be found in visibly poorer countries. Instead, it's the populations of countries going through more social- and demographic changes of whom are growing suspicious. To fuel this fire, mistrust of politicians and governments involved in concerted arbitrary behavior towards thanks to the internet well-known personalities like Julian Assange is also raising attention. Gone are the days when Daniel Elsberg could simply release reports of battlefield attrocities on civilians to the New York Times with impunity.