The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement: Starting Over
Jason,

When a co-worker and I retired, a few months apart, in the unnamed government agency where I worked -(I remained working my secular job for a host of reasons even after semicha, including the fact that there are few gigs available to a tyro rabbi in his mid-60s) - it was bemoaned that so much institutional knowledge, carried only in our brains, was being lost.

I would hate to see all the information, the points made, the counter points, the exchange of ideas that accrued over the years, lost in the ether. I'm at that age where having set forth positions, often more than once, on a variety of subjects, I am not eager to have to argue those points yet again.

Hopefully you will be able to recover prior posts. But again, I will live with the forum as it is and becomes. At my age I do not scare easy!
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(12-27-2018, 04:32 PM)RabbiO Wrote: (I remained working my secular job for a host of reasons even after semicha, including the fact that there are few gigs available to a tyro rabbi in his mid-60s)

So I've heard!  My own rabbi was in her sixties when she was installed in her first congregation.  Before that, she worked as a rabbi for various nursing homes, as well as assistant rabbi at our temple.  And, before that, she was a lawyer by day and by night she did stand-up comedy.  (She's still very funny!)
Heart !לחיים