The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I work the Saturday if I'm newly converting??
My mom is pressuring me to get on my two feet, and I also have schoolwork, disabilities, and a dream of attending med school (which my mom doesn't believe I can do). I got a job at a gas station convenience store, and they scheduled me to work saturdays because I went back to islam since the last time i washere (I should mention I have ptsd, or possibly borderline personality disorder, so I often shift identities frequently, but I have often wanted to convert to judaism, but fear of isolation or shame has prevented me, despite my mother's acceptance. i also fear change due to high functioning autism, but I feel like this is something i am going to do eventually). I know many reform jews work on saturdays, i dont know what the conservative position is, i know what the orthodox position is, but i feel if i convert to reform people won't take me seriously like one testimony i heard on a video promoting conversion to judaism where a woman ended up converting to orthodox). is it ok to work saturdays? am i overdoing it? i apologize if i have said anything offensive.
I intend to tell them eventually, at least.
i understand conversion takes a year or two but i meant the informal conversion, i haven't met with a rabbi yet
That's what our advice always will be. Meet with the rabbi of the synagogue that you're interested in becoming affiliated with. Lay everything out on the table. Explain your interest, your hopes, your situation. Get their advice for your road ahead, since they are the ones you'll be engaging with.

Good luck!