The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Yeshivah paths to S'mikhah?
Years ago Rabbi Zalman was discussing with me options for private rabbinic training. He passed from this world before any of that came to fruition. Since then, i have been putting that on hold while i obtained two masters and a PhD in Jewish-related studies. I am curious if there is a path to s'mikhah that doesn't involve moving and attending a yeshivah. I am 45 years old and have 7 children, so it would be a big change for all of them to up and move for more schooling. Anyway, any advice or pointing in the right direction is appreciated.
(05-26-2022, 02:43 PM)Naziri Wrote: Years ago Rabbi Zalman was discussing with me options for private rabbinic training. He passed from this world before any of that came to fruition. Since then, i have been putting that on hold while i obtained two masters and a PhD in Jewish-related studies. I am curious if there is a path to s'mikhah that doesn't involve moving and attending a yeshivah. I am 45 years old and have 7 children, so it would be a big change for all of them to up and move for more schooling. Anyway, any advice or pointing in the right direction is appreciated.

The answer is a qualified yes and depends upon several factors.
בקש שלום ורדפהו