The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement: Your Personal Introduction
Hello all, 

Just wanted to poke my head in and introduce myself.

I found this forum at a very confusing, but exciting time in my life. I will follow this up with a post in one of the 'Judaism General' thread where all will be explained. 

Thanks for letting me exist here, and for the genuine discussions generated from this forum. 

Shmuel/Samuel
Hello Shmuel and welcome to the forum!

Just to let you know, the first posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

Thanks for the introduction and the other post.

Will read up on it when I get back fro my meeting.

Thanks for joining us!
(03-15-2023, 02:37 PM)ShmuelBarber Wrote: Hello all, 

Just wanted to poke my head in and introduce myself.

I found this forum at a very confusing, but exciting time in my life. I will follow this up with a post in one of the 'Judaism General' thread where all will be explained. 

Thanks for letting me exist here, and for the genuine discussions generated from this forum. 

Shmuel/Samuel

welcome to the forum!
Thomas is my real name and the other letters are my other initials, no hidden meaning. I did quite a lot of posting on the Messiah Truth Forum years ago, until I felt that my time was not well spent there, and the Jews For Jesus forum, until they changed it to a very limited structure, and I remember being involved with this forum briefly. I recognize here some of those I interacted with before. I am now 67 years old, officially retired, but still busy, and will probably post on a daily basis. I used to feel frustrated that discussions got swept along in a tide of posts.  I hope to avoid that this time.

I was raised in evangelical Christian churches, mostly of the Baptist variety, moving around a lot (I attended 13 different schools and was involved in over 18 churches). My father, who converted to faith in Jesus Christ from being an atheist, taught me to read from the King James Version of the Bible starting at Genesis 1. He also taught us by example a kind of unconditional high regard for anything and anyone Jewish. He had his sons circumcised and eliminated non-kosher animals from our diet. He took me to synagogue a time or two for the brief time we lived in a big city. He ridiculed the idea that there are lost tribes besides the Jews. However, after he passed on in 2000. I came to believe that we are descendants of Israel, partly from seeing some personal characteristics in line with statements in the Torah, and partly in line with some of the things Yair Davidiy presents. I also went to visit a synagogue with my family, and afterwards, my daughter came up to me and gasped, "Dad, you look just like the Jews!" Well, I think I am. I am not concerned whether or not others believe that. I just want you to know that I believe that. So, please, none of that, "Your ancestors weren't at Sinai," stuff with me.

Over 40 years ago, I went through a huge faith crisis over my understanding of the evangelical Christian doctrine of justification and sanctification in the New Testament. It seemed that there were contradictory verses that challenged what I had believed, and this implied to me that I might be doomed to hell, after thinking I was saved by Jesus.  This was resolved when I gave up my doctrines and tried reading everything literally. As I went through this reconstruction process, I was amazed that my doubts were cleared up by a coherent message found in the text of both the NT and the Hebrew Bible. Over the years, I have continued this process, to the point that I now have multiple, serious differences of doctrines with all branches of Christianity. I continued to attend a Christian church for some time as they even let me preach in turns. During the Covid pandemic, I finally realized that what I had learned was so far out of line with central tenets of Christianity, that the reason they allowed me to preach in the church was that they were filtering everything I said, like they filter their reading of the NT. I quit attending at that time.

But it seems that the rabbis and the Talmud have done a similar filtering process to the Hebrew Bible, so I am not about to convert to Judaism at this time. So, I feel like I am wandering in the wilderness. So, I wandered back here. I hope I can reestablish some communication.
ThomasDGW -

Welcome or, if your memory is correct, welcome back.

Let’s see how it goes.
בקש שלום ורדפהו