The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction: Chavak
(12-30-2018, 01:34 AM)Chavak Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:15 PM)Channalee Wrote: So my neighbor has been going to the rifle range with her son, where he's been teaching her to shoot.  She's kind of getting me interested, and I'm half-considering going along with them next time to give it a try.  I'm told that, here in New York State, you don't need a license to own a "long gun," and that's what my neighbor brings along to the range.  My neighbor explained to me that the gun she uses isn't really that long – her son got this kind for her and says it's popular with women because it's shorter and lighter than the other rifles.  I have no idea what she's talking about.  Chava, can you clue me in?

(P.S. – I have no desire to hunt animals.  I just want to shoot at targets to see why so many people enjoy it.)
I have no interest in hunting either. Never understood why people want to go out and kill animals, but that's me. I'm fine if others want to do it, just not my thing.

I don't know much about rifles-I'm a handgun type of gal-but I am wondering if it is a .22 LR?  All the women I know shoot AR-15s, I've got a couple of them myself but haven't used them much. Which is why I decided to take a course. Carbines are shorter than rifles, maybe that is what she means.

Thanks, Chava.  I'll ask her about the carbine to see if that's what she was talking about.  She's invited me along when she and her son go to the range again.
Heart !לחיים

Let me know what she says, I'm curious!
(12-31-2018, 04:51 AM)Chavak Wrote: Let me know what she says, I'm curious!

I found out tonight.  It's a Rueger .22.
Heart !לחיים

(01-06-2019, 10:50 PM)Channalee Wrote:

It is a .22 LR.  Ruger 10/22s are very popular with men and women.  I won one at a match but seldom use it, prefer my Smith & Wesson instead. I was at a match today, and of people using .22 rifles the Ruger seems to be the gun of choice.
(01-07-2019, 06:44 AM)Chavak Wrote:

It is a .22 LR.  Ruger 10/22s are very popular with men and women.  I won one at a match but seldom use it, prefer my Smith & Wesson instead. I was at a match today, and of people using .22 rifles the Ruger seems to be the gun of choice.

That's the one I plan to try at the range!  Thanks, Chava!
Heart !לחיים

(01-07-2019, 11:31 AM)Channalee Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 06:44 AM)Chavak Wrote:

That's the one I plan to try at the range!  Thanks, Chava!
Let us know about your experience when ever you get there! If you haven't shot a .22, it's very low power. Quiet, no recoil. Interesting enough, the much maligned AR-15 ammo is .223, not much bigger than what the Ruger shoots. Just a bit more oomph, but still low powered in the world of rifles.