The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with missionaries
I point to my mezuzah and ask if they know what it is. All have said no. I tell them to come back when they know. None have.
I recently put a sticker on my front door saying No proselytizers or salespersons. Shalom: have a nice day. And the mezuzah is there. Asking if they know what it is, is a very good good idea!!!
Knowledge not increased is knowledge decreased.
                                                        Hillel
Hey, if that's what it takes and it works, good idea!
Shalom, I think I am new here, and I would like to give some advice to use against the corrupted missionaries.  All you need to do is ask them why it takes the shedding of innocent blood so that they can be forgiven.  Tell them that throwing a "virgin" into a volcano is something likened to what they believe.  Then quote:

Shemot Chapter 23:7

Distance yourself from a false matter; and do not kill a truly innocent person or one who has been declared innocent, for I will not vindicate a guilty person.

Do not they believe that killing their innocent "savior" vindicates them from being a guilty person?

Or Bamidbar Chapter 35:33

And you shall not corrupt the land in which you live, for the blood corrupts the land, and the blood which is shed in the land cannot be atoned for except through the blood of the one who shed it.

Yes, show them that shedding Innocent blood corrupts the land, and their shedding of their savior's innocent blood corrupts THEIR land.  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.
Corrupted missionaries? What does that mean?
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(07-19-2020, 10:28 PM)ImAHebrew Wrote: Shemot Chapter 23:7

Distance yourself from a false matter; and do not kill a truly innocent person or one who has been declared innocent, for I will not vindicate a guilty person.

Do not they believe that killing their innocent "savior" vindicates them from being a guilty person?

Christians don’t believe they killed Jesus. They believe that the Romans and/or the Jews killed Jesus.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
ImAHebrew,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

The first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

I have had many a conversation with many a missionary over the last several decades.

What I have come to find out is that no matter what you say, once they don't have an answer, they revert to another passage or topic. Once they realize they don't have the answers for all of our refutes, they usually ask for your name so they can pray for you.

Only those who are truly interested in learning will listen and consider what has been said.

But it is nice to see counter arguments as it adds to my library!
(07-20-2020, 02:30 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 10:28 PM)ImAHebrew Wrote: Shemot Chapter 23:7

Christians don’t believe they killed Jesus. They believe that the Romans and/or the Jews killed Jesus.
Shalom RabbiO, thanks for the response. I have spent many occasions debating with the "corrupted" missionaries. I call them "corrupted" because most are believers in a deity that apparently would slaughter the only good child just so the wicked children could be forgiven. That is corruption, and when the missionaries try to sell me the goods about someone shedding their child's blood in my stead so that I could be saved and forgiven, I say "no thank you!"

Oh, and some will admit or say they had something to do with shedding his blood, but they neglect what Moshe and King David had to say about shedding innocent blood. It's not permitted! Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew
Shalom Searchinmyroots, and thanks for the welcome. I totally agree with you. It is like trying to put a worm on a hook, they slip all over the place. Anyway, here another several of my favorites for them:

Mishlei Chapter 17:15

He who vindicates the wicked and condemns the righteous-both are an abomination to the Lord.

I always point out that they consider that their "savior" was both righteous and condemned, and then IF they try to use that condemnation to be vindicated, BOTH are an abomination.

Mishlei Chapter 17:15

To punish also the righteous man is not good-to strike the generous who possess uprightness.

Here again, they want to convince us that their "savior" was a righteous man that was punished for them in their stead, and in that punishment, didn't a striking take place? This is NOT good I tell them, at least according to what is written.

Just a quick question. Do you have a html editor available? Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.
ImAHebrew,

No, I don't have an HTML editor, sorry about that.

The best verses I use are usually ones like II Chronicles 7:14 -

"And My people, upon whom My name is called, humble themselves and pray and seek My presence and repent of their evil ways, I shall hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land."

and others that share that same message.

It clearly shows we don't need to shed blood to be forgiven and we have a direct connection with the Almighty.

If they don't change the subject or jump to another verse (rather quickly I may add), I've heard them say - "Oh, but that's the Old Testament".

No kidding!