The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with missionaries
(07-26-2020, 06:55 PM)Jason Wrote: I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that missionaries have really calmed down in the past years. I never hear anything. Am I just disconnected? I used to hear the nonsense all the time.

I think they use the internet an social media much more as platforms as I don't see as many around in NYC lately (or at least before the lockdown).

Besides, i think when they had the "Behold Your God" campaign many years ago, they wound up spending millions of dollars putting people on the streets and handing out material.

A lot less expensive to run social platforms I would think!
(07-26-2020, 06:00 PM)ImAHebrew Wrote: Shalom Everyone, another one of the missionaries tricks is to tell us that their "savior" accomplished the "sign" of being in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights.  Hmm?  What you should ask them is HOW do you count from Friday right at sunset (placed in the tomb), and then supposedly rising on Sunday morning at sunrise?  They will try to tell you that it is a Jewish custom that if any part of a day is counted, then that would be a whole day and night...baloney!  So tell them no, it is only 1 day and 2 nights...sorry, but YOUR sign fails simple math.  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

Yes, that has been brought up many times.

The typical missionary doesn't really care about the math, they only care about Jesus.
(07-26-2020, 06:55 PM)Jason Wrote: I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that missionaries have really calmed down in the past years. I never hear anything. Am I just disconnected? I used to hear the nonsense all the time.

Shalom Jason, it's just the "calm" before the "storm." Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.
(07-26-2020, 07:28 PM)ImAHebrew Wrote:

Shalom Jason, it's just the "calm" before the "storm."  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

What's your background with missionaries? Which name are you wishing me blessings in? Just wondering.
(07-27-2020, 02:38 AM)Jason Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 07:28 PM)ImAHebrew Wrote:

Shalom Jason, it's just the "calm" before the "storm."  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

What's your background with missionaries? Which name are you wishing me blessings in? Just wondering.

Shalom Jason, my background has had many dealings with the missionaries, and they ALL have the same bottom line doctrine for THEIR salvation....their deity needs the shedding of "righteous" "innocent" blood so that their sins can be forgiven/justified, and any well versed student of what Moshe wrote would know that is totally wrong. Concerning The Name, it is the one spoken of by Moshe in Devarim 32:3 where he says that his Torah proclaims it. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.
(07-27-2020, 12:17 PM)ImAHebrew Wrote: Shalom Jason, my background has had many dealings with the missionaries, and they ALL have the same bottom line doctrine for THEIR salvation....their deity needs the shedding of "righteous" "innocent" blood so that their sins can be forgiven/justified, and any well versed student of what Moshe wrote would know that is totally wrong.  Concerning The Name, it is the one spoken of by Moshe in Devarim 32:3 where he says that his Torah proclaims it.  Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

On other forums you have identified yourself as Christian. I assume that means in some manner, even if it is some individual, idiosyncratic manner, you believe that Jesus, or Yeshua if you prefer, is the Messiah.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Shalom RabbiO, my identity should not cause any problems as long as I adhere to the Forum Rules, which state:

"Religious proselytizing is strictly prohibited on this forum. A forum member may not force unwanted, intrusive, and/or aggressive attempts to convert others of any faith or no faith to that forum member's beliefs. Those posts will be deleted, and the account holder membership will be terminated without notice if found to fall into that category. This forum is firmly committed to Judaism."

I am posting on this particular forum (Counter Missionary Forum) because I am 100% against the teachings of modern christianity (their missionaries), at least their foundational beliefs that they profess, and I would think that would place me more committed to Judaism than most. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

P.S. One thing I can do is give many weapons too Judaism, that would be against the missionaries and their teachings.
I wasn’t saying that being a Christian was not okay, nor was I saying that you had done anything improper. However, absent an introductory post from you, and given your screen name, your use of Hebrew transliteration such as Moshe rather than Moses, and your antagonism toward missionaries, one might get the mistaken impression that you are a Jew.

It is a piece of information good to know and to keep in mind about a person with whom you are interacting on a forum - just like the folks here, and other forums on which I participate, know that I am, indeed, a rabbi, but I am not Orthodox.

Welcome to the forum.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
I agree that missionaries don't represent what the text actually means. I do wonder why you think you would be equipping us, as if you know the Bible better than we do. That's what has me puzzled.
(07-27-2020, 08:46 PM)RabbiO Wrote: I wasn’t saying that being a Christian was not okay, nor was I saying that you had done anything improper. However, absent an introductory post from you, and given your screen name, your use of Hebrew transliteration such as Moshe rather than Moses, and your antagonism toward missionaries, one might get the mistaken impression that you are a Jew.

It is a piece of information good to know and to keep in mind about a person with whom you are interacting on a forum - just like the folks here, and other forums on which I participate, know that I am, indeed, a rabbi, but I am not Orthodox.

Welcome to the forum.

Have you heard of the Hebrew Israelites? From what I understand, they consider themselves Hebrews (and use that term exclusively, not claiming to be Jews) and claim that their roots go back before the Exile. I had a conversation with a gentleman in the street in New York City one time, and he was very animated and claimed that Jews are not descendants of Israel, that all Jews are Khazar converts, that Blacks are the true Israelites, etc.

@ImAHebrew, do you belong to a group like this? In your opposition to missionary tactics, what do you believe about the Jewish people and our relation to Torah and to history? I asked "in what name" before because I was wondering if you meant "in the name of Jesus" or "Yeshua" or "Yahshua" or something like that.

Thanks.