The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparation of the Passover Lamb
Erm. I need to make a new post for another topic? Ok then. Maybe I’ll make another post for the Lev 16 issue. Sorry I am just a little confused. I don’t mean to mix them up on purpose. Maybe I will try to be a little more detailed in my questions so it wouldn’t make you so distressed ?
(07-22-2019, 02:46 AM)Jon Wrote: Erm. I need to make a new post for another topic? Ok then. Maybe I’ll make another post for the Lev 16 issue. Sorry I am just a little confused. I don’t mean to mix them up on purpose. Maybe I will try to be a little more detailed in my questions so it wouldn’t make you so distressed ?

Well, it happens more times than not that conversations stray, but it is sometimes good to stick to the Post Subject.

I'm not distressed at all.

I just like to complete one topic before I go on to the next one.

Especially if one really doesn't have anything to do with another.
(07-21-2019, 11:08 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 10:03 PM)nili Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 08:18 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I am speaking about the Pashcal lamb, not one that is offered at the Tabernacle.

As you can see, I'm trying to keep the two separate as one has nothing to do with the other.

Fair enough. By the way, to roughly when do you date the two accounts and by whom were they penned?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I can see one account as the preparation for the 10th plague.

What is the other one?

Who wrote them? That's a loaded question!

Sorry, I should have said "texts" rather than "accounts". What date would you assign to Exodus, to Leviticus? What author?

And, no, it is not a "loaded question." On the contrary, it is an open one, one that makes no assumption about authorship or textual development other than the legitimacy of such questions.
To be is to stand for. - Abraham Joshua Heschel
(07-22-2019, 11:22 AM)nili Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 08:18 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I am speaking about the Pashcal lamb, not one that is offered at the Tabernacle.

As you can see, I'm trying to keep the two separate as one has nothing to do with the other.

Fair enough. By the way, to roughly when do you date the two accounts and by whom were they penned?

What is the other one?

Sorry, I should have said "texts" rather than "accounts". What date would you assign to Exodus, to Leviticus? What author?

And, no, it is not a "loaded question." On the contrary, it is an open one, one that makes no assumption about authorship or textual development other than the legitimacy of such questions.

I believe the timeline is somewhat similar to the attached document.

As for who wrote it - I'm a believer that it was written by Moses as dictated by G-d on Mt. Sinai.

But I don't want to derail this thread. So if you want to go into a deeper discussion, then we should open a new one.

Thanks!

Attached Files
.docx   Jewish History Timeline and Heritage.docx (Size: 706.94 KB / Downloads: 1)
(07-22-2019, 10:48 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 11:22 AM)nili Wrote:

What is the other one?

I believe the timeline is somewhat similar to the attached document.

As for who wrote it - I'm a believer that it was written by Moses as dictated by G-d on Mt. Sinai.

But I don't want to derail this thread. So if you want to go into a deeper discussion, then we should open a new one.

Thanks!

Thanks. That helps.
To be is to stand for. - Abraham Joshua Heschel