The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi
hi, i registered because i have a quite technical question to ask you. 
how do you say in hebrew "limitedness" , and specifically "human limitedness (eg before god)"? 
thanks
You wanted to ask only this one question?

The word "limited" is mugbal, but the word "limitedness" doesn't really have a Hebrew correspondence. If you make it abstract (mugbalut), it means "disability" (handicap). That is the abstract form of the word "limited."

Could you give the context for this expression? I'd never have used that phrase myself.
(06-04-2019, 06:38 AM)Jason Wrote: You wanted to ask only this one question?

The word "limited" is mugbal, but the word "limitedness" doesn't really have a Hebrew correspondence. If you make it abstract (mugbalut), it means "disability" (handicap). That is the abstract form of the word "limited."

Could you give the context for this expression? I'd never have used that phrase myself.

first, thank you for your answer.
and yes, i had just this question. 
there is no context actually, i mean, i was wondering if you had an hebrew word to express the recurrent christian/philosophical idea that men are too limited to understand god/the ultimate reality, or , if you prefer, that god/the ultimate reality exceeds the possibilities human understanding.

how would you translate in hebrew this sentence? :
"the limitedness of our mind doesn't allow us to understand the plans of god"

has by chance the word "choq" anything to with this?
thanks again!

Moderator Note

Your text was HUGE. It seemed like you were shouting. I toned it down for you. - Jason

First, the word choq (that is, chok or khok, חוק) means "law." That would not have anything to do with the concept about which you're asking.

Second, to translate that into Hebrew, I would change "limitedness" to "limitations" and "minds" to "thoughts," and it would then make sense.

"The limitations of our thoughts do not allow us to understand the plans of God."
מגבלות מחשבותינו לא מאפשרות לנו להבין את תוכניותיו של אלוהים.
thank you!