The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism: Questions about Jewish belief and the Bible
Hello,

I'm new here and a Christian and I'm interested in something, which I'm sure may have been answered before, but in case it hasn't....

According to the Bible itself, it is the inspired Word of God Himself. 2 Timothy 3:16. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness... so what, if any part of the Bible is accepted by Jews? Would it be the books of Moses? 

The Bible prophesies concerning Israel are many and many have come to pass, but there are still others to happen. Indeed the Bible is full of prophesies concerning Jerusalem and Israel and I wondered what is accepted as truth in Jewish belief?

I also wondered about Jewish belief in Jesus Christ because I'm currently studying who Jesus was and it occurred to me that there are a number of reasons why they don't. I got the following from another website today which does not allow you to reply to any answers to questions you receive, strange, so here it is...

[size=undefined]"The Jewish Bible does not contain the twenty-seven books of what are called the New Testament in the Christian Bible nor the additional books accepted as inspired by Roman Catholics and Greek Orthodox Christians in what is called the Old Testament but which are not found in the Jewish Bible, namely, TobitJudithThe 1st Book of MaccabeesThe 2nd Book of MaccabeesThe Book of WisdomEcclesiasticus/Ben Sira, and Baruch. The Jewish Bible is commonly called the Tanakh, an acronym for Torah, Neviim, Ketuvim--the three divisions of the text. These divisions are different from those in Christian Bibles. Most importantly, the interpretation of the material in common with Christians differs. For example, Isaiah 7:14 is not considered a text predicting a supernatural virginal conception for the Messiah, nor Psalm 45:7a a text predicitng that he would be God, as it is read in Letter to the Hebrews 1:8-9 (And about the Son [Jesus] he [God] says, 'Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever . . . "[/size]

[size=undefined]Please confirm if this is correct?[/size]

[size=undefined]Many thanks[/size]

[size=undefined]Peergint[/size]