The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General: Translating the name of HASHEM into English
(06-23-2019, 11:11 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Hello James and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to keep out spam and bots.

I'm not sure there is a translation for YHWH, maybe someone else here can chime in.

According to the NAS Exhaustive Concordance, the root of HASHEM comes from the root verb hava' which means "to be, to exist." According to Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, the root of HASHEM comes from the root verb hayah which also means "to be, to exist." Both of these roots are similar, however I think that HASHEM's name comes from the root hayah. So if HASHEM is a proper noun, and you take the verb "to exist" and transform it into a noun, you get the word EXISTENCE. Perhaps HASHEM's name means "EXISTENCE." It would make sense since HASHEM is all that there is.

I just want to make sure that I don't blaspheme HASHEM. I have a feeling I'm not because I'm not actually saying His true name. Perhaps there is a loop hole here.

I think that it is important to know what HASHEM means because it gives clue to what His being is like.
"Learn to do good; seek justice, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow."
Isaiah 1:17

Messages In This Thread
RE: Translating the name of HASHEM into English - by James the Servant - 06-23-2019, 11:23 PM