The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism: Why do you love Judaism?
Big Grin 
Here are the reasons why I love Judaism:

1. Epic quests (i.e. finding the mummy of Israel, relocating the remnants of Jacob, finding the messiah, initiating the Olam HaBa, building the mesillah/maslul, etc...)
  2. The promise of the Covenant of Peace (Isaiah 54:10, Ezekiel 34:25) and the resurrection.
  3. A final epic battle (Isaiah 28:6). HASHEM is gonna kick some butt.
  4. Motherfricken Israel (the country) maaaaan Cool
"Learn to do good; seek justice, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow."
Isaiah 1:17
(06-28-2019, 12:50 PM)James the Servant Wrote: Here are the reasons why I love Judaism:

1. Epic quests (i.e. finding the mummy of Israel, relocating the remnants of Jacob, finding the messiah, initiating the Olam HaBa, building the mesillah/maslul, etc...)
  2. The promise of the Covenant of Peace (Isaiah 54:10, Ezekiel 34:25) and the resurrection.
To be is to stand for. - Abraham Joshua Heschel
(06-28-2019, 01:22 PM)nili Wrote:

1. I'll read this book. Only a false messiah would claim that he can accomplish it all by himself. This is a family ordeal!! We work together. United we stand, divided we fall.
  2. Ok.
  3. You're pathetic Tongue .
  4. Big Grin
"Learn to do good; seek justice, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow."
There is no way to determine with 100% accuracy what/who the Hebrew bible is referring to when it alludes to the awaited Jewish messiah.

Sometimes we need to do drastic things to bring peace. And sometimes that means weeding out the evil ones. And yes, sometimes there are what seems to be unwarranted death surrounding it.

Israel has been, is and always will be a very unique country.
(06-28-2019, 01:50 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: There is no way to determine with 100% accuracy what/who the Hebrew bible is referring to when it alludes to the awaited Jewish messiah.

Sometimes we need to do drastic things to bring peace. And sometimes that means weeding out the evil ones. And yes, sometimes there are what seems to be unwarranted death surrounding it.

Israel has been, is and always will be a very unique country.

You're right. I think the moment a man says "I'm the messiah!" before the accomplishments are made is 99.99% not going to be the messiah. I think that it will be a surprise on who the messiah really is.

I think that in Isaiah 28:6, it is more talking Jews fighting a defensive war rather than an offensive war. Gog and his armies will surround us like the sand of the sea, and it will seem hopeless until HASHEM comes with a sword to destroy Gog.
I love Judaism first and foremost because it is the original path to the Almighty.

I also like that it gives structure and discipline.

I like that there is a community that helps and reaches out to one another.

I like that we reach out to help others and don't necessarily need to be recognized for doing so.

I like there is constant teaching and that there is room for disagreement.

I like that we are a people.
(06-28-2019, 01:50 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Sometimes we need to do drastic things to bring peace. And sometimes that means weeding out the evil ones. And yes, sometimes there are what seems to be unwarranted death surrounding it.

There have been non-Jewish societies that, at their ugliest, embraced identical justifications.
To be is to stand for. - Abraham Joshua Heschel
(06-28-2019, 02:19 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I love Judaism first and foremost because it is the original path to the Almighty.

I like that we reach out to help others and don't necessarily need to be recognized for doing so.

Literally every religion in the world provides these things. Rolleyes

Judaism is unique in that it provides more things than ANY religion can ever provide.

What other religion provides epic quests to be completed? Perhaps Zoroastrianism, but its not as clear and dry as Judaism. Certainly not Christianity, as everything has already been "completed." Islam is kinda like us, but they want to forcibly convert the world to their beliefs whereas Jews believe the Olam HaBa will naturally convert people because the truth will be revealed.
(06-28-2019, 02:19 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I love Judaism first and foremost because it is the original path to the Almighty.

I couldn't agree more. These are exactly the points that made me fall in love with Judaism so much and, after a period of doubt, reinforced my wish to convert. I am still on my journey of discovering what Judaism encompasses and what not, and, apart from all the disagreements on details, those are the core values that emerge from so many sources. I was very positively surprised by all those ressources that you can find if you want to learn more about Judaism - and especially that there are so many sources with different view points (that still mostly respect the views of the others, which has impressed me). I too love the emphasis on learning and on becoming better. I also like how in some branches modern concepts are integrated and reflected upon, such as mindfulness.

And I love that there is the concept of oneness of G-d, which is what made me look into Judaism in the first place, because this is what I believe in and what reflects my personal experiences.
(06-28-2019, 12:50 PM)James the Servant Wrote: Here are the reasons why I love Judaism:

I think it is time that you told us a bit more about yourself and your Jewish education, both formal and informal.

The attitudes you have expressed in this thread and elsewhere on the forum are, how shall I put, unusual, and it would help to know where you are coming from.
בקש שלום ורדפהו