The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism: The most powerful reason on why I reject Jesus as messiah
[quote pid='2044' dateline='1567036353']

Hosea 12:4-5 tells us who Jacob wrestled with -

(JPT)

4 - In the womb, he seized his brother's heel, and with his strength he strove with an angel.

5 - He strove with an angel and prevailed; he wept and beseeched him; In Bethel he shall find Him, and there He shall speak with us.

Where does it say Jacob saw the face of G-d and lived?

It specifically says that no one can see the face of G-d and live.

Exodus 33:20 - And He said, "You will not be able to see My face, for man shall not see Me and live."

So who should I believe, the Torah or you?
[/quote]

Where does it say Jacob saw the face of G-d and lived? you can see it here "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: 'for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.'Genesis 32:31 or here  "And he said: 'Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel; for thou hast striven with God and with men, and hast prevailed."  Genesis 32:29

So who should I believe, the Torah or you?
Genesis 32:31 say that Jacob saw GOD face to face(not an angel)and his life was preserved.It also say that Jacob "hast striven with God"

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most powerful reason on why I reject Jesus as messiah - by serviteur - 08-29-2019, 02:53 AM