The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1492 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1492 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1638 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1585 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1585 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1638 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie recommendations
(08-04-2019, 07:29 PM)a_Sarah Wrote: I just finished watching Ha Ushpizin. I hit play because I wanted to watch a Hebrew movie with subtitles for language learning, not knowing what the movie was about, and ended up really enjoying it (For those unfamiliar with it, it is about an orthodox couple facing unexpected trials on Sukkot, a bit like a religious fairy tale and a tad cheesy at times, but also humorous).

Do you have  any recommendations for movies with Hebrew as the original language, with a similar theme? Or any other movies (either in Hebrew or with something to do with Judaism in the broadest sense, no matter the genre) you'd like to recommend? Smile

Love that film. Hilarious! what about the bit where the visitors use the lemon for the salad? ha ha! 

Here are two other Jewish themed films I love

Loving Leah

Arranged
(05-02-2020, 06:14 PM)Stevemuss Wrote: Love that film. Hilarious! what about the bit where the visitors use the lemon for the salad? ha ha! 

Here are two other Jewish themed films I love

Loving Leah

Arranged

Not a lemon - an etrog. It makes me furious every time I see it. How can he be so insensitive and inconsiderate? That's why it's such a trial of his patience.

I've not seen the other two you mentioned.
Not a Jewish movie, but found it interesting that James Cagney grew up in a Jewish neighborhood and spoke perfect Yiddish.
https://forward.com/yiddish/402585/how-j...d-yiddish/
Wow, interesting fact!

Never knew that or would ever think he would know that!
The 3rd series of Shtisel is back on Netflix.  Excellent movie.
I might have to get Netflix just to watch it!
I don't have Netflix either!
(04-08-2021, 11:28 PM)Dana Wrote: The 3rd series of Shtisel is back on Netflix.  Excellent movie.

Last week I watched the whole third season in two sittings. Smile
(04-09-2021, 07:02 PM)Jason Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:28 PM)Dana Wrote: The 3rd series of Shtisel is back on Netflix.  Excellent movie.

Last week I watched the whole third season in two sittings. Smile

I come home from work, tune in and get upset because I have to wake up early and turn the show off.    I'm only on episode 4.  No spoilers Jason!  Smile

Chavak and SMR, it would be worth getting Netflix just to watch this series, then you can dump it.  So much depth and tenderness between the characters.   Humor and serious mixed beautifully.
Dana Wrote:...I'm fairly sure it's only available on Netflix...
I'd be carefall about tuning into there. There's no shortage of raunchy action there of which could get viewers tagged as Pedos, simply through "guilt through association" - type honey trapping.
Jason Wrote:...Not a lemon -...
A Lemmon Cool Filmed way back when, before the country went bust. I used to like watching this, as a kid, despite the screenbook having been written for adults.: