The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me to understand my ancestors
That sounds quite extreme. Did you grow up in the Deep South of the U.S.? 
Some of those stereotypical comments come from Jews themselves. For example, I used to go out with this Jewish girl of whom I helped stocking the walk-in cooler at a petrol filling station of which she was the cashier. Back then, she had completed a course on computer programming, before there was even an accessable to the public internet. She would manipulate the station's data bank, in order to skim off cash for herself. The reason she gave was, "Look. our people don't like to pay (competitive wages)". From my personal viewpoint, Jewish employers don't hold the hallmark on this trait. This is the main reason as to why most employers of all nationalities and faiths altogether seek younger people who are less confident and inexperienced in wage bargaining. Getting back to her, she wasn't a bad person. She was one of those Three-Strikes-you're-out types whose father was separated from the nuclear family. He was an alcoholic jazz player. I vaguely remember that he played either a trumpet or saxaphone. I met him once, as he visited her family (she was still living at home). He was a nice guy to talk to. The family was anything but boring. They were sort of like that scene from Woody Allen's Annie Hall film of which I posted here some time ago. Her mom was still working at some factory and her brother was composing music, awaiting a breakthrough. Both her sisters were somewhat tight-lipped, though. Especially, the younger one. The older one was married.
I could recite some other examples. But, maybe it would be a better idea, to keep them under my hat for now.
On an international scale, although I praise George Soros for finding fault with the British banking system (The Americans also did, since they have not yet allowed the Brits access to their own gold stored at the American treasury Smile ), I condemn his practice of interfering into the internal affairs of eastern European and western countries. I think, grass roots Jewish organisations should be active in rejecting his negative activities of which are a cause for complaint continually amplified on the internet. Such as the Catholic Church has begun excommunicating members of organized crime organizations, the banishment of such high-profile actors like Soros from synogogue-participation might be an idea to toy with.
The government of Israel would do well in revising its policy on extradition of which is also a topic of complaint. Of course, not revising it to the point where citizens of Israel would be subjected to Julian Assange-styled arbitrary extradition requests. The requests must be authentic and backed by indisputable forensic evidence. A goodwill gesture of this type should help the Jewish people to avoid generalized prejudice.

Messages In This Thread
Help me to understand my ancestors - by h0zzyb33 - 09-13-2019, 02:03 AM
RE: Help me to understand my ancestors - by Alan_Boskov - 07-14-2021, 06:52 AM