The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from France
Greetings everyone,

I am Josef from France, 24 years old, and I am currently in need of religious guidance.

I think a longer introduction is needed, however I'll do a tl;dr at the end, because my life isn't the most interesting thing in the world.

I was in a dire situation most of my young life, until the age of, say, 20. It basically included health problems, family health problems, ultimately death of a parent, and financial troubles. Let's say it wasn't a good party day everyday. I was atheist back then, and a conviced one. I didn't think I would believe in god even if I lived for a thousand years.

The passing of my mother (which I discovered her religious side the day after her death, and offered her a religious burial even if I was atheist) changed that, or at least shined a spark. My atheism began to be more tolerant over the years, and I opened enough to accept the presence of a god (the formulation is chosen). It's a bit funny, but my view to religion became better and better as my life improved. Today, I am healthy, I can't complain of my life on any part, and life is good.

But six months ago, I began to actually believe. In which god or religion, I couldn't tell. As I said to my longtime girlfriend, "it's like the will to pee". You don't know how it came, but it sure did.

Anyway, I'm basically looking for a religion for some months after accepting my growing faith. However, even if I was raised in a catholic environment, I do not believe in the messianic existence of Jesus. Therefore, bad luck for christianity.

The Jewish checks a lot of boxes for what I'm looking for, but I guess that'd better be discussed in a proper subject.

TL;DR : I was a young angry atheist who clenched first at god(s). I became agnostic when life became better, but my faith is growing and I believe Judaism may be a way for me to grow religiously.

Thank you for reading,

Josef
Hello Josef, welcome to the forum and thank you for your introduction!

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to keep out unwanted spam and bots.

You have had an interesting journey and I'm glad you find Judaism "checks the boxes" for you!

It is a lifelong journey and we all learn and strive to do better every day.

If you have any questions or want further information, please ask and we'll do our bet to answer. Or at least point you in the right direction!

Looking forward to seeing mire of your posts Josef.
Welcome to the forum Josef, looking forward to your postings. Judaism is a varied religion, a wide spectrum of beliefs are there. Once you can pin down what exactly you do believe, you would be able to look at the different sects of Judaism. The difference between Orthodoxy and Reform are vast, so narrowing down what you believe will help tremendously.
Thank you for both your answers, and for your welcome.

I am creating another topic in a more appropriate section, regarding religion guidance with the theology that I believe in/am interested in.