The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Killed in Attack on Synagogue in Berlin
https://www.wsj.com/articles/two-killed-...1570621267

Yom Kippur brought with it more anti-Semitic violence. And he streamed it to Facebook. What a sicko!

I hope your observance was peaceful and meaningful to you.
It doesn’t make it any less appalling, but for the sake of accuracy I note the attack occurred in Halle, about 106 miles from Berlin.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
I second that it was in Halle and not in Berlin. 
However, the week before, on Friday evening, someone tried to gain access to the Synagogue in Oranierburger Str. here in Berlin, wielding a knife (Source (translated to English from German)). He first was left to go home, then later transferred to a psychiatric clinic.

I do hope that our politicians will take this seriously and start implementing necessary steps. So far, not all synagogues have police protection, it depends on how prominent and well known they are. Most have private security, but not all.

I hope that all future services, no matter where (and of what religion, for that matter) can be conducted in peace, even if that means additional protection.
Thanks for the corrections RabbiO and Sarah.

Not sure what to say, just that unfortunately, things like this are happenning everywhere.

I agree, all religious institutions should have some sort of help with protection. Where I went there was a police car in front and very tight security inside.

Yes, wouldn't it be great if we could all just live in peace and respect each other!

On another note, there was some local news that added to things. Although the person who committed the monstrous act didn't seem to do it as an act of antisemitism, we still have to try and find a way to help these people and keep them off the streets if need be.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/10/11/...eless-man/ (sorry for the 28 second ad in the beginning)

I personally know this Rabbi and have attended many functions with the center he works for.
Right. I read the beginning and thought it happened in Berlin...

BERLIN — A German man suspected of killing two people near a synagogue in the country’s east and streaming the assault online was arrested on Wednesday after what authorities said appeared to be an anti-Semitic attack by a far-right extremist.