The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does being Jewish look like in your daily life?
Sarah,

Thanks for asking!

Always good to know what other peoples experiences and practices are.

I myself am in a sort of difficult situation. I was brought up secular and my wife isn't Jewish.

So with that said, I do not observe Shabbat the traditional way, but I try to do what I can when I can.

I know many members of different communities but am not part of any one in particular.

Yes, I do pray daily and include the Modeh Ani every morning. It's what gets me going!

I am always seeking out new information by either attending Torah classes, reading books or watching videos.

I would say I have a semi personal connection with my Rabbi.

Many teachings influence my personal behavior. Rabbi Sacks and Rabbi Fohrman's books are of great influence as are many Jewish teachings including Pirkei Avot (Ethics of Our Fathers, with commentary of course!).

I do not wear a kippot all the time but also do not hide my Jewishness.

As you mention, we are all on our own journey's to see what we can do to improve our lives and the lives of others.

We just get there different ways!

Let me know if you have any more questions and hopefully some others here will chime in as well!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does being Jewish look like in your daily life? - by searchinmyroots - 10-14-2019, 08:43 PM