The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gratefulness
Heart 
For me, a deep feeling of gratefulness is what originally brought me towards Judaism. 

Sometimes there are many moments of bliss/thankfulness in a day, a week or a month, regarding the small things. I thought it might be nice to have a thread for sharing those moments, for those who would like to do so. Maybe as an ongoing thing to appreciate what just makes us happy.

For me, it was the feeling of bliss of walking in crisp fresh air to work, under a blue sky with the light painting a fantastic symphony of colours on the buildings, the trees, the water. I also saw some small sparrows hopping around under a bush, they are so adorable.
I then had a great day at work, interacting with students and my colleagues and I just feel so connected to everyone. I am happy and so thankful for these interactions. I feel like I am running on love for everyone and everything. Smile

I am also happy that I found another congregation in my area that holds services only a few days a month, but they have one tomorrow and I hope I can make it. I am happy and thankful to have seen it just in time so I can go.

What made you grateful or happy today or recently?
Sarah,

I think that is a great idea as I think we don't always see the good all around us.

Here is my contribution for the day -

So my father fell and fractured his hip last Saturday. He had to have a pinning where they inserted 3 screws to help him heal. It's been a rough week and today I saw my father take some steps (literally!) to recovery.

Yes, it's the small things in life we should appreciate more. Tomorrow is November 1st and the seasons are changing. Although some might not enjoy winter, I was just thinking how wonderful it is that the trees are just going dormant for a while, only to bloom again in the spring!

I am also grateful when someone says - You've inspired me.

That's when I feel as if I've made a good contribution to help others.

Looking forward to seeing what others are grateful for!