The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How safe is it to visit Israel?
Hey
Israel is considered to be a large nation because of its total area. Its total land area is 20,770 km² (approx. 8,019 mi²). Continental shelf of Israel is approximately 3,745 km² (around 1,446 mi²). Israel is located in Asia.
Hey
Asia is the world’s largest and most populous continent. Asian countries include, but are not limited to, Russia, China, Japan, Hong Kong, and North and South Korea. Israel has 5 neighbouring countries. Its neighbours include Egypt, Palestinian territories, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria.
(03-13-2020, 01:22 PM)George Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 09:38 AM)Jason Wrote: I've lived in Israel for the past 13 years, and I feel perfectly safe.

(Can you believe that it's been 13 years?! Well, a bit shy. It'll be a complete 13 years in July.)

Didn't you say you didn't feel safe when some Muslims were attacking Jews with knives and scissors?

Would you feel safe at such a time? That isn't our normal existence here.
(03-14-2020, 07:32 PM)martego21 Wrote: Hey
Israel is considered to be a large nation because of its total area. Its total land area is 20,770 km² (approx. 8,019 mi²). Continental shelf of Israel is approximately 3,745 km² (around 1,446 mi²). Israel is located in Asia.

(03-14-2020, 07:33 PM)martego21 Wrote: Hey
Asia is the world’s largest and most populous continent. Asian countries include, but are not limited to, Russia, China, Japan, Hong Kong, and North and South Korea. Israel has 5 neighbouring countries. Its neighbours include Egypt, Palestinian territories, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria.

I removed your links and approved your posts. I'm not sure what the geography lesson adds to the discussion, and I deleted the links because I didn't see the need for them.
(10-25-2020, 10:28 PM)Yehudani Wrote: From my VERY limited experience, it seems very safe generally, but I have heard now that if you are a "religious Jew" and you aren't wearing a mask, or you take your mask off to sip some water, you can be beaten by the police. I don't know how true this is, I have seen some YT videos but we all know how things can be framed to look very different to reality through the T00b.

Maybe Jason can shed some light on the situation?

Nonsense. No one is beating anyone for drinking water. Reports will be exaggerated by those who think they are being forced to wear a mask when they don't want to.

The police are indeed beating people in the streets. Protesters. There are a lot of protests here right now. And the police will use the excuse of someone's mask having come off for whatever reason to rough them up (or even arrest them). That's happening every weekend here. It isn't a "religious" versus "secular" distinction.