The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unorthodox Series and a question on online resources
(04-30-2020, 02:37 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: And here is an interesting article from a woman who also left the Satmar community -

https://friedavizel.com/2020/03/26/unort...ok-review/

Excellent article! I thought the piece was exceptional, and from such a credible author! She lived the Hasidic life, read the book Unorthodox and was more than familiar with the community and some of the main characters.  It was well worth reading the link a few times just to grasp how the Netflix series had little resemblance to the book or with the authors experiences and knowledge contrary to what was written from the book.    I thought she placed events and people in such a good perspective, fair minded, including her views on feminism.
(04-30-2020, 02:49 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 12:41 AM)Dana Wrote: Hi Stephen.

I am not familiar with Torah.com 
Important to note that TheTorah.com and Torah.com are two completely separate websites, having two completely different orientations.

Thank you, RabbiO, for pointing out those differences.
(05-01-2020, 12:41 AM)Dana Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 02:37 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: And here is an interesting article from a woman who also left the Satmar community -

https://friedavizel.com/2020/03/26/unort...ok-review/

Excellent article! I thought the piece was exceptional, and from such a credible author! She lived the Hasidic life, read the book Unorthodox and was more than familiar with the community and some of the main characters.  It was well worth reading the link a few times just to grasp how the Netflix series had little resemblance to the book or with the authors experiences and knowledge contrary to what was written from the book.    I thought she placed events and people in such a good perspective, fair minded, including her views on feminism.

Glad you thought it was interesting Dana.

I always try to look at both sides of the coin and not just what is being heavily promoted. Not to take sides, just to come to my own conclusions.   Smile