The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahwist
What is a Yahwist?

Thanks.
According to one common scholary theory, he was a redactor/author of part of the Torah. Wikipedia article.
It could be someone who worships Yahweh (as opposed to El or Ba'al or any of the other members of the ANE pantheon) or it could refer to the author of the J source of the Torah according to various documentary hypotheses.
(05-12-2020, 04:52 AM)Jason Wrote: It could be someone who worships Yahweh (as opposed to El or Ba'al or any of the other members of the ANE pantheon) or it could refer to the author of the J source of the Torah according to various documentary hypotheses.

He calls himself a Israelite/Yahwist.  He is defending Islam and Muhammad on another site.  I don't know what to make of him, but he is probably the most obnoxious person I have ever encountered.
I hate him already.
(05-12-2020, 03:52 PM)Jason Wrote: I hate him already.

lol, not sure I hate him but he definitely is not my type of guy.
(05-12-2020, 04:52 AM)Jason Wrote: It could be someone who worships Yahweh (as opposed to El or Ba'al or any of the other members of the ANE pantheon) or it could refer to the author of the J source of the Torah according to various documentary hypotheses.

(05-12-2020, 03:52 PM)Jason Wrote: I hate him already.

I don't hate him but I did tell him what I thought of him and asked him to get out of my topic thread.