The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bnei Noah
Damn...If I would 40 years younger...
I am old!
I am faded https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIxlvVlOIS0
(07-31-2020, 11:30 AM)RabbiO Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 09:23 AM)GavrielbenNoah77 Wrote: I can only say this to you: You have an alliance, given by G-d. Take it or leave it! We all humans are affected about it, the Torah is full about it. I am a Man out of the Mankind and I can only say to you: Obey the Lord and we all will take advantage of it. I do advice it: obey the lord!
But I cannot change what you do or how you are living. It is all by yourselve: remember whou you are and remember, what your obedience is.
May G-d will be merciful on us!
The Beth Hamikdash, we all know it, is destroyed. The 9, Aw is around us.  Everyone of us wishes, that the Beth Hamikdash will come again.
All the Levites, the cohens, the smelling of burning flesh, the seeing of go_ds presence, short, the allmighty presence it had to feel.
The day, it will once come, I will dig my face into the ground of the Temple, not to see the holy Face of Hashem.  To give the almyghty G-D his presence!
May we all hope, that the Allmighty will come up again!
I bow my face to the ground, in the face of the almighty g-d!
I hope it, the Beth Hamikdash will fullfill myself with respect!

You really can’t help yourself, can you?

You are, in my opinion, as repugnant as any Christian missionary. I stand by everything I said earlier. Well, maybe not quite. I fear I was too kind in my previous remarks.
I am sorry, I had to look after the word "repugnant" in my dictionary.
It took me a while to understand, that your "sorry" had not to ment the way it was written.
You think, I am the same as a christian missionary. That will maybe your understanding. You think, you are jewish, and your way of understanding is the only way.
Nothing to say against that.
But, a single and little but, did you consider, that the world is a great ball with a many colourful facettes on it?
I can only tell you something: the world is far more paintful as you even imagine!
You do not know anything about me, the few little things, I offered to anyone, who read my comments here, are not very meaningful. They are, at least, a tiny little thing of my complex personality.
What do you think, you are, and what dou think, I am?
You have the right, to put me in a drawer with the name "stupid / wiered" on it. I can tell you, your self-righteous behaviour will get an "very clever idea" in the same drawer of mankind.
So, do believe, whatever you want, feel yourself advanced but do not request the same of me. I do know my shortkomings and I feel ashamed for every little thing of it.

Yes, I post some Videos with funny / stupid  content. I did it. And what? Should I feel embarrassed about it? No. Why? They are funny and life affirming. That is the point. Life is short and we all should be funny. To coming to that conclusion, I do not need any Yeshiva Studies, it is self declaring, given to every person who lives by the Rabbi "Living"!

Best wishes (and I do really so!)
Tom
This thread is going in the wrong direction and I think it would be best if the conversation would leave out any talk of who is a Jew and who is not.

Plus anything that speaks of telling Jews what they need to do.

If the rhetoric doesn't change here I'm going to have to close the thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.
I do not think, that this is going to a wrong direction. In the Time, some rabbis found the "noahide movement" they would be clear that it will come to a friction. (I am no expert, but I think, those wise men did consider this)
Yeah, it is problematic, beetween a jew and what one expects from him/her, about the meaning of "jew" and about the meaning of "noahide" and what it will mean to that. I am no chassidic chabad jew (how could I) but i think, that the lubawitcher rebbe had been a very wise man.

by the way: Verbal Fightings beetween intellectual men are normal in forums. Some kind of medieaval "who has the biggest forearm". I have no solution for it.

It is an old, old thing beetween men.  Good described here: No women would ever understand this and it is in other things nowadays. https://youtu.be/l2KWTEhyVX8
(07-31-2020, 02:43 PM)GavrielbenNoah77 Wrote: I am sorry, I had to look after the word "repugnant" in my dictionary.
It took me a while to understand, that your "sorry" had not to ment the way it was written.
You think, I am the same as a christian missionary. That will maybe your understanding. You think, you are jewish, and your way of understanding is the only way.

Nothing to say against that.

But, a single and little but, did you consider, that the world is a great ball with a many colourful facettes on it?
I can only tell you something: the world is far more paintful as you even imagine!

You do not know anything about me, the few little things, I offered to anyone, who read my comments here, are not very meaningful. They are, at least, a tiny little thing of my complex personality.
What do you think, you are, and what dou think, I am?

You have the right, to put me in a drawer with the name "stupid / wiered" on it. I can tell you, your self-righteous behaviour will get an "very clever idea" in the same drawer of mankind.
So, do believe, whatever you want, feel yourself advanced but do not request the same of me. I do know my shortkomings and I feel ashamed for every little thing of it.

Yes, I post some Videos with funny / stupid  content. I did it. And what? Should I feel embarrassed about it? No. Why? They are funny and life affirming. That is the point. Life is short and we all should be funny. To coming to that conclusion, I do not need any Yeshiva Studies, it is self declaring, given to every person who lives by the Rabbi "Living"!

Best wishes (and I do really so!)
Tom
It appears that we have a communication problem. Some of that may be due to your lack of English writing skill. Saying that you lack skill in that area is not a negative assessment of your character any more than my saying that if you need help with fixing your auto's brakes I'm definitely not the man you want to do it reflects on mine. It is just the way things are.

For the record, I have never said that you were weird and I have never commented on the video links you have posted. I have not accused you of being stupid.

I would also point out that I never said my understanding of Judaism is the only way. To the contrary, I have pointed out to you - and to others along the way - that Judaism expresses itself in a myriad of valid and authentic ways. I specifically pointed out that Hasidism is a valid and authentic approach to Judaism.

It is true that all I know of you is the persona you have presented on this forum. That said, it is also true that all you know about me is the persona I present here. You accuse me of character assassination while at the same time engaging in the very activity you accuse me of.

I've said my piece. I see no point in rehashing it again and again. I think the best course of action is for the two of us to ignore one another
בקש שלום ורדפהו
And I think the best for us two ist to respect each other.
Belonging to your person: I do respect you!
Belonging to me: think and then post!

Shake Hands!
(07-31-2020, 04:19 PM)GavrielbenNoah77 Wrote: In the Time, some rabbis found the "noahide movement" 

In Christianity there is something called "separated brethren" that seems similar. Say a Protestant is married to a Catholic; but stays Protestant--he or she is accepted as a "separated brethren". There various meetups and even some congregations oriented to such people. But the separated brethren is always a second class to the Catholic. You don't need to obey all of the Catholic rules, but you'll need to accept your second place. You are a guest; be polite and all that.

This term, along with "ecclesial communities", was supposed to be a conciliatory measure back when the Catholics originally adopted it, and a better title for Protestants than heretics. Yet the leadership from at least one large state Protestant church in Europe openly denounced the term "ecclesial communities" as a religious slur.

All of this seems off because there is value in self-definition--both individual self-definition and collective self-definition. Separated brethren is just a label and effectively a dead end unless one converts. It never originates from self-definition.

What are some self-defined collective labels for groups similar to Noahides. I've heard of some from time to time, they are out there. For example, I asked another Christian why she wore a tasteful golden colored Star-of-David necklace. And she gave a good response to me but I forget the label she chose to employ. It was new to me.

Maybe all labels for race and religion are problematic, but for some reason it is the newer ones that seem most wanting. I'm not sure why. Maybe it is that we have a rational fear against giving offenses against the long-standing and wildly adopted labels, while the newer and weaker labels are more vulnerable so we don't feel the need to fear them. I have a hard time saying that claiming to an old and established identity label is automatically more or less sincere. Yet the old and established labels are more likely to be due to family ties and that makes sense.
Thanks for your post, very interesting!

I like to say there are 2 kinds of Jews, those that are growing and those that are not.

That's about all the labeling I have!
(07-31-2020, 06:53 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Thanks for your post, very interesting!

I like to say there are 2 kinds of Jews, those that are growing and those that are not.

That's about all the labeling I have!

That's a purdy sentiment. Smile