The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction: Hey there, New here!
My name is Reuben and I'm here to connect with my family more. I'm ethnically Jewish on my father's side, but pursuing conversion so I can be a full member of the community. I've always felt close to my Jewish family and am looking forward to learning more about our history and traditions.

I was raised in a Christian cult, but my parents always told us kids about our heritage. They didn't encourage us to explore it, but we did know we were ethnically Jewish. When I went to college I pursued every class on Judaism offered. I also spent over a year living with an Orthodox family while I learned Martial Arts from them. That has been the best period of my life so far, as well as the most difficult, but it helped me see that I wish to be formally converted to Judaism to truly connect with the part of my family I've been cut off from for so long. I LOVE my Jewish family, ALL of them! I'm currently undergoing the conversion process and hope to be official by early next year. 

I have an interest in the mystical as well as philosophical pursuits in religion. Pesach is my favorite festival, and hearing the Shehechiyanu still brings me to tears. My specialties in study are Biblical interpretation, resistance movements in Jewish history, and general history. I'm looking forward to some spirited discussions and learning lots from those who know more than I do.

Not married, no kids, young-ish and disabled, but looking to connect with my family. Thanks for letting me lurk here for a while!
Hello Ronin and welcome to the forum!

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots. Looks like you have met the minimum already and now should be good to go!

Thank you for your introduction!
Welcome Reuben. I wish you the best in connecting with your Jewish family and your continued growth in Judaism.