The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Kingdom of God
Does Judaism teach the concept of the Kingdom of God?

If so, what it is?
Well, the expressions מַלְכוּת הַשָּׁמַ֫יִם malḵûṯ haššāmáyim “the kingdom of heaven” and מַלְכוּת הָאֱלֹהִים malḵûṯ hāʾĕlōhîm certainly exist in Hebrew. I’m really not sure what is explicitly taught about it, other than to point out that Jewish theology includes the concept of God as King.
I would also refer to the phrase מלך העולם melek ha'olam, 'King of the universe/everything/eternity', which is used as a title for God in innumerable Jewish prayers.
(06-29-2020, 08:44 PM)Jason Wrote: Well, the expressions מַלְכוּת הַשָּׁמַ֫יִם malḵûṯ haššāmáyim “the kingdom of heaven” and מַלְכוּת הָאֱלֹהִים malḵûṯ hāʾĕlōhîm certainly exist in Hebrew. I’m really not sure what is explicitly taught about it, other than to point out that Jewish theology includes the concept of God as King.

I always thought the Kingdom of God (or heaven) was the rule of God.
(06-29-2020, 09:56 PM)George Wrote: I always thought the Kingdom of God (or heaven) was the rule of God.

Define what you mean by “the rule of G-d”.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(06-29-2020, 08:44 PM)Jason Wrote: Well, the expressions מַלְכוּת הַשָּׁמַ֫יִם malḵûṯ haššāmáyim “the kingdom of heaven” and מַלְכוּת הָאֱלֹהִים malḵûṯ hāʾĕlōhîm certainly exist in Hebrew. I’m really not sure what is explicitly taught about it, other than to point out that Jewish theology includes the concept of God as King.

Didn't Jews expect the Kingdom of God to be brought about through the Messiah?
(07-01-2020, 07:43 PM)George Wrote:

Yes, but why the past tense?

(07-03-2020, 02:55 AM)Jason Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 07:43 PM)George Wrote:

Sorry, but I don't understand your point.
(07-03-2020, 03:01 PM)George Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 07:43 PM)George Wrote: Didn't Jews expect the Kingdom of God to be brought about through the Messiah?

Didn't Jews believe? Don't Jews believe? Jews still believe that the Messiah will be the bringing of the kingdom. Why the past tense?

(07-05-2020, 07:18 PM)Jason Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 03:01 PM)George Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 07:43 PM)George Wrote: Didn't Jews expect the Kingdom of God to be brought about through the Messiah?

Didn't Jews believe? Don't Jews believe? Jews still believe that the Messiah will be the bringing of the kingdom. Why the past tense?

OK, thanks.