The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jewish Messiah
(09-12-2023, 09:44 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 05:34 PM)rosends Wrote: I believe that the ingathering of exiles will reveal the identities of all who are Jewish, as descended from all 12 tribes. Additionally, the current Jewish people, descended from the Nation of Judah, include members of at least 3 tribes (Judah, Benjamin, Levi) and probably more, as when the Kingdom of Israel was exiled, stragglers escaped into Judah from those 10 tribes.

It is good to see you here. The folks on this forum will soon come to realize, if you choose to actively particpate, how fortunate they are to have a resource such as you to call upon. I hope you will not mind if I take this opportunity to point out that you are not only a caring high school English teacher, but you are also an Orthodox rabbi.

Thanks for letting us know about rosends, if I'm not mistaken, I "see" him on the Messiah Truth forum as well.

Certainly a breath of fresh air and a mountain of wisdom!
(09-12-2023, 09:44 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 05:34 PM)rosends Wrote: I believe that the ingathering of exiles will reveal the identities of all who are Jewish, as descended from all 12 tribes. Additionally, the current Jewish people, descended from the Nation of Judah, include members of at least 3 tribes (Judah, Benjamin, Levi) and probably more, as when the Kingdom of Israel was exiled, stragglers escaped into Judah from those 10 tribes.

It is good to see you here. The folks on this forum will soon come to realize, if you choose to actively particpate, how fortunate they are to have a resource such as you to call upon. I hope you will not mind if I take this opportunity to point out that you are not only a caring high school English teacher, but you are also an Orthodox rabbi.

Thanks for the kind words and nice to see you here as well.
Would you say that the messiah that Judaism is expecting will be a countermissionary as well, i.e he will be against claims of Jesus being the messiah ?

(for information only)
Actually, in Christian end times expectations such a person will be anointed the King of Israel. But will after around three years of becoming the king of Israel becomes a failed messiah.

Also, because of that person, many in Christianity will turn away from believing that Jesus is the messiah. And because of that person, the world as a whole will be saying peace and safety thinking it has entered the messianic age. Before the failure event takes place - i.e. the person claiming to have achieved god-hood.
(11-01-2023, 02:50 PM)Douggg Wrote: Would you say that the messiah that Judaism is expecting will be a countermissionary as well, i.e he will be against claims of Jesus being the messiah ?

(for information only)
Actually, in Christian end times expectations such a person will be anointed the King of Israel.  But will after around three years of becoming the king of Israel becomes a failed messiah.

Also, because of that person, many in Christianity will turn away from believing that Jesus is the messiah.    And because of that person, the world as a whole will be saying peace and safety thinking it has entered the messianic age.  Before the failure event takes place - i.e. the person claiming to have achieved god-hood.

No, the messiah will not have to be a counter-missionary. While his beliefs will not include anythng to do with Jesus, he won't have to campaign against anything. He will lead and all will recognize his position and the propriety of his teachings.
(11-01-2023, 04:48 PM)rosends Wrote: No, the messiah will not have to be a counter-missionary. While his beliefs will not include anythng to do with Jesus, he won't have to campaign against anything. He will lead and all will recognize his position and the propriety of his teachings.

Thanks rosends, for your response.    btw, are you an orthodox rabbi ?

Anyway, my post was intended to be friendly and not an attack on Judaism in anyway.    It is interesting that both Judaism and Christianity are expecting the same person - but with a different outcome of course.

There are couple of things to look for from my Christian perspective.
1. that the person is anointed the King of Israel following right after the Gog/Magog event.
2. that at the same time there will be two persons, the Christian bible calls the two witnesses, showing up in Jerusalem, warning Jews that the newly anointed King of Israel is not really the messiah and to be on the watch-out.

Let's just watch together without being at each other's throats.    I am pro Jew, and don't claim to be a so-called spiritual Jew,
and wish everyone here the best in the long haul.     As well as listen to your side.
(11-01-2023, 07:33 PM)Douggg Wrote: Thanks rosends, for your response.    btw, are you an orthodox rabbi ?

As I noted in post #10, rosends is an Orthodox rabbi. Just as an FYI, I am also a rabbi, however I am not Orthodox.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(11-02-2023, 01:22 AM)RabbiO Wrote:
(11-01-2023, 07:33 PM)Douggg Wrote: Thanks rosends, for your response.    btw, are you an orthodox rabbi ?

As I noted in post #10, rosends is an Orthodox rabbi. Just as an FYI, I am also a rabbi, however I am not Orthodox.

Thanks for the information.    As a Christian, when I want to know something about Judaism, I don't ask other Christians, but go to Jews, and rabbi's are a good source of information.    R. Daniel and R. Isroel over at the Messiah Truth site have provided me with an must appreciated information over the years.

btw, I abbreviate Rabbi when coupled with a specific person name as "R." because in the Christian bible we told not to call anyone Rabbi.     So if you see your name preceded by an "R." instead of "Rabbi", from me, please don't take it as personal. I don't intend to hurt anyone's feelings.  I acknowledge your position in the Jewish community.
(09-05-2023, 05:34 PM)rosends Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 05:52 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 03:17 AM)Douggg Wrote: Hi searchinmyroots, just stopped in to say "hi".

"3. In-gathering of the Jewish exiles to the Promised Land (e.g., Isaiah 11:12)"

The final redemption seems to be in Ezekiel 39:28.

Do you think this includes all 12 tribes? Or are there really only 2 left?

I believe that the ingathering of exiles will reveal the identities of all who are Jewish, as descended from all 12 tribes. Additionally, the current Jewish people, descended from the Nation of Judah, include members of at least 3 tribes (Judah, Benjamin, Levi) and probably more, as when the Kingdom of Israel was exiled, stragglers escaped into Judah from those 10 tribes.

I don't know how you deal with these things, whether they are very private. If you don't mind me asking, who are you descended from (Jewish members, of course) and what does that mean to you? Inheritance is passed down through the fathers, right?
(12-28-2023, 07:29 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 05:34 PM)rosends Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 05:52 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 03:17 AM)Douggg Wrote: Hi searchinmyroots, just stopped in to say "hi".

"3. In-gathering of the Jewish exiles to the Promised Land (e.g., Isaiah 11:12)"

The final redemption seems to be in Ezekiel 39:28.

Do you think this includes all 12 tribes? Or are there really only 2 left?

I believe that the ingathering of exiles will reveal the identities of all who are Jewish, as descended from all 12 tribes. Additionally, the current Jewish people, descended from the Nation of Judah, include members of at least 3 tribes (Judah, Benjamin, Levi) and probably more, as when the Kingdom of Israel was exiled, stragglers escaped into Judah from those 10 tribes.

I don't know how you deal with these things, whether they are very private. If you don't mind me asking, who are you descended from (Jewish members, of course) and what does that mean to you? Inheritance is passed down through the fathers, right?

I know that through my father's mother's father, I can trace back to the tribe of Judah, and that, as far as I know, I am of the common caste.

In Judaism, though religious status goes through the mother, tribal inheritance (that is, ownership of land in Israel) goes through the father. I don't live in Israel so the rule that determines inheritance for me is limited to my not being a first born son. In terms of practical application, as my father was neither a priest (cohen) or a levite, my communal/ritual status is as a common person.
(12-28-2023, 09:01 PM)rosends Wrote: I know that through my father's mother's father, I can trace back to the tribe of Judah, and that, as far as I know, I am of the common caste.

In Judaism, though religious status goes through the mother, tribal inheritance (that is, ownership of land in Israel) goes through the father. I don't live in Israel so the rule that determines inheritance for me is limited to my not being a first born son. In terms of practical application, as my father was neither a priest (cohen) or a levite, my communal/ritual status is as a common person.

Thank you very much, Rosends! 

I like reading your story.