The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism: Psychology Of The Mind - Soulmates, Dating & Relationships
(09-03-2020, 03:27 AM)Robis Wrote: Well, first of all, I apologize, if I offended anyone, that was not my intention at all..... 

If you do not believe, that Hashem can and does punish for sinning, then I have no idea, where I am right now, because you are just plainly denying Torah then, no offense.

It would be nice if you posted an introductory post about yourself to enable us to get a better read of who you are and what you are about. It would also give us an opportunity to properly say welcome to the forum.

From your posts it is unclear whether you are unaware that Judaism - which rarely, if ever, has been monolithic - expresses itself through different movements or you know that, but don't really understand the differences, or if it is simply the case that you believe that Orthodox Judaism is the only authentic and valid form of Judaism. If it is the latter, that is a position that I would strenuously disagree with. Also, if that is your position, I'd be curious as to which form of Orthodoxy you are talking about and why.

As you've probably figured out by now this is not an Orthodox forum. The forum has members who span the denominational spectrum and all are welcome here.

Oh, by the way, in case you were curious, my user name is RabbiO because I am, indeed, a rabbi.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(09-03-2020, 01:23 PM)Robis Wrote: What are your opinions on homosexuality?

Are you asking about male homosexuality or female homosexuality?

If you're asking about female homosexuality could you cite to the appropriate Tanakh sections that you are seeking comment on and your take on the meaning those sections.

Similarly, if you're seeking comment on male homosexuality, cite to the appropriate Tanakh sections and your take on the meaning of those sections.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(09-03-2020, 01:23 PM)Robis Wrote: Interesting.
What are your opinions on homosexuality?

The same as my opinion on heterosexuality. People's personal lives are none of my business, and I don't imagine God caring who someone loves. If you're not the person in the relationship, it shouldn't really interest you.
But in the hebrew bible God condemn it,jason.
(09-03-2020, 09:34 PM)Ismq Wrote: But in the hebrew bible God condemn it,jason.

Dear God... I'm not interested in this brainless conversation. Seriously. It's nice to condemn something that you don't have a problem with. How about this... if it isn't something that you have struggled with, just leave people alone? It's so easy to condemn gays. If they aren't hurting anyone, get over it.
(09-03-2020, 10:05 PM)Jason Wrote:

Dear God... I'm not interested in this brainless conversation. Seriously. It's nice to condemn something that you don't have a problem with. How about this... if it isn't something that you have struggled with, just leave people alone? It's so easy to condemn gays. If they aren't hurting anyone, get over it.
But you don't believe in judaism?

Are you sure about that?

Are you talking about male homosexuality or female homosexuality?

Cite the appropriate Tanakh sections that you are talking about in regard to male homosexuality and female sexuality.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(09-03-2020, 10:23 PM)RabbiO Wrote:

Are you sure about that?

Are you talking about male homosexuality or female homosexuality?

Cite the appropriate Tanakh sections that you are talking about in regard to male homosexuality and female sexuality.
Leviticus 20:13
(09-03-2020, 10:28 PM)Ismq Wrote: Leviticus 20:13

I'm about 95% sure that you don't know what that verse even means.
(09-03-2020, 10:20 PM)Ismq Wrote: But you don't believe in judaism?

Is that a question?