The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism: Psychology Of The Mind - Soulmates, Dating & Relationships
(09-03-2020, 10:31 PM)Jason Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 10:28 PM)Ismq Wrote: Leviticus 20:13

I'm about 95% sure that you don't know what that verse even means.

Sorry,i have not read the entire post from the beginning.i know that it deals homosexuality only not heterosexuality.
(09-03-2020, 10:32 PM)Jason Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 10:20 PM)Ismq Wrote: But you don't believe in judaism?

Is that a question?
If you believe in judaism you should condemn it.
(09-03-2020, 10:36 PM)Ismq Wrote: Sorry,i have not read the entire post from the beginning.i know that it deals homosexuality only not heterofilia.

It does indeed NOT deal with homosexuality. It deals with a sex act, an act that many gay observant Jewish men do not engage in.

(1) The Torah does not say "you shall not have romantic attachments with members of the same sex."
(2) It does not say "you shall not touch another's hand or any other part of his body if he belongs to the same sex as you."
(3) It prohibits one specific activity, just as it does not prohibit eating anything and everything, but it limits what foods you can partake of.

You're reading your cultural issues into the Torah and making it say things that it doesn't say. Why? Because you think gay is icky. Well, suck it up. It's none of your business if another person is gay or lesbian or left-handed. Your nose doesn't belong in their bedroom or looking over their shoulder.
(09-03-2020, 10:39 PM)Ismq Wrote: If you believe in judaism you should condemn it.

That's funny. I know loads of people who practice Judaism in every way and don't get a stick up their rear end about someone else's personal life. What you said right there was about the dumbest thing I've seen in the past couple of months.
I can't believe that we still have to have these conversations in 2020. What in the world is wrong with this world? And with people who know next to nothing about the Torah. Fantastic.
(09-03-2020, 10:43 PM)Jason Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 10:39 PM)Ismq Wrote: If you believe in judaism you should condemn it.

That's funny. I know loads of people who practice Judaism in every way and don't get a stick up their rear end about someone else's personal life. What you said right there was about the dumbest thing I've seen in the past couple of months.
I have to confess that i don't know much about judaism
(09-03-2020, 10:44 PM)Jason Wrote: I can't believe that we still have to have these conversations in 2020. What in the world is wrong with this world? And with people who know next to nothing about the Torah. Fantastic.

Sincerely I don't think that God will be pleased.
(09-03-2020, 10:47 PM)Ismq Wrote: I have to confess that i don't know much about judaism

Then how do you think it's appropriate for you to tell us what we have to believe about other people and their lives?
(09-03-2020, 10:49 PM)Ismq Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 10:44 PM)Jason Wrote: I can't believe that we still have to have these conversations in 2020. What in the world is wrong with this world? And with people who know next to nothing about the Torah. Fantastic.

Sincerely I don't think that God will be pleased.

Generally, I don't much care what you think God thinks. You are not my priest or vicar or mediator between myself and God. I don't need your opinions to govern my thinking.
(09-03-2020, 10:41 PM)Jason Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 10:36 PM)Ismq Wrote: Sorry,i have not read the entire post from the beginning.i know that it deals homosexuality only not heterofilia.

It does indeed NOT deal with homosexuality. It deals with a sex act, an act that many gay observant Jewish men do not engage in.

(1) The Torah does not say "you shall not have romantic attachments with members of the same sex."
(2) It does not say "you shall not touch another's hand or any other part of his body if he belongs to the same sex as you."
(3) It prohibits one specific activity, just as it does not prohibit eating anything and everything, but it limits what foods you can partake of.

You're reading your cultural issues into the Torah and making it say things that it doesn't say. Why? Because you think gay is icky. Well, suck it up. It's none of your business if another person is gay or lesbian or left-handed. Your nose doesn't belong in their bedroom or looking over their shoulder.
The torah don't say it that literally but is understood what is  implied in the verse=that's abomination to God.