The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone translate please?
Well, removing that mark makes it a dalet, and that's what you type to make it so.

יהוה > ה׳ > ד׳

It's very common for people who do not want to write out the name to replace it in this way. How common? Very common. I can't give numbers, but it happens all the time. You'll see the keter on the tallit written as:

בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ד׳ אֱלֹקֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם אֲשֶׁר קִדְּשָׁנוּ בְּמִצְוֺתָיו וְצִוָּנוּ לְהִתְעַטֵּף בְּצִיצִית

It really depends on the community. Some take more pains to avoid writing the names of God. They change אֱלֹהֵינוּ "our God" to אֱלֹקֵינוּ (which is not a word) and really avoid writing the name by not even writing one letter of it alone!

Be careful, however, to distinguish between ה׳ (with geresh, the apostrophe mark) and הי (with the letter yod). Yod and geresh are two different marks and CANNOT be interchanged.
Oops, guess I should pay more attention to various fonts. ה vs ה! 

Thanks, Jason.
(09-16-2020, 10:07 PM)robrecht Wrote: Oops, guess I should pay more attention to various fonts. ה vs ה! 

Thanks, Jason.

Same for me.  Thank you, Jason.  I do not recall seeing that kind of font.